JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    2008 Audi S3

Status

J high pressure fuel pump

Hi there

Can anyone confirm if the new J pump says J on the pump? One of my friends had his fuelpump swopped out with a J (here in South Africa), but the soleniod on top still reflects H. Audi are saying that the H pump has been replaced by the J, but the part still reflects as J when you look at it. The service manager and the technician are agreeing with my friend and saying its wrong, however the parts department is adamant that is what Audi are doing.

Part number 06F-127-025J. Also if the part shows J, what is the cost of this in the UK? Around here it is just under 300 pounds.

Thank you

2. # ADS
    ADS

2008 Audi S3

Status
    Also to add to this, on VWvortex they are saying there is currently a VW/Audi recall on the sensor that sits on the high pressure fuel pump (in this example the sensor has the H marking on it).

Is that happening at the moment and f so, can you give me a bulletin number or something and which cars are affected? Reason is that no recalls get done in South Africa, ever. If you need do get something replaced you need to tell the dealer what the recall is about.

6th Gear

Status
    I CAN CONFIRM THAT
    06F-127-025H supersedes to 06F-127-025J.

But unsure about recalls

2008 Audi S3

Status
    Thank you. In South Africa they are fitting the H fuelpump (but with the J soleniod) and saying that's good enough if you have fuel delivery problems, but surely the soleniod should carry the new number as it's one new unit?