EM TuningSky Insurance

Thread: Washer jets

Dealing with an OCD

Status

Washer jets

Hi,i've noticed on newer models of A3,the spray pattern for the wipers now uses 3 jets each side,giving much better coverage. Is it possible to retrofit these? Can i do it easily? I have an S3 8P,07 chassis.

If so,how much are they?

regards,Gary

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast,not furious View Post
    Hi,i've noticed on newer models of A3,the spray pattern for the wipers now uses 3 jets each side,giving much better coverage. Is it possible to retrofit these? Can i do it easily? I have an S3 8P,07 chassis.

If so,how much are they?

regards,Gary
    Hi Gary

the non heated ones are 4.55 each
    heated 13.30 each
    P&P extra

not sure if they will fit straight in but look the same, just pull old ones out i guess and replace with new ines

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    I thought they were heated,as standard on an S3? I'll take some,just looked at mine,they've a small unit wired to them,i guess that's the heater? There's a number on the back - 8PO 955 988. Whats the total cost please?

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

1st Gear

Status
    The will not fit straight into the older type scuttle panel. I believe there is a retrofit kit on section 0-97 of ETKA though now though.
    Last edited by Nelson_R32; 6th December 2008 at 12:29.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson_R32 View Post
    The will not fit straight into the older type scuttle panel. I believe there is a retrofit kit on section 0-97 of ETKA though now though.

Nelson could you please not advertise in this forum ,
    as this is a funded parts forum by ourselves

Thanks Dave
    Parts Manager

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stoke_audi View Post
    Nelson could you please not advertise in this forum ,
    as this is a funded parts forum by ourselves

Thanks Dave
    Parts Manager
    Apologies Dave; I forgot to remove my signature from the previous post. I'll see if I can edit it.

FYI; I tried this mod on my 2007 A3 a while back and the only obstacle is the scuttle panel. You could either be clever and cut the scuttle panel (I didn't fancy this in case I cocked it up) or fit a new scuttle panel.

The '3 jet' washer retrofit kits it appears on ETKA as only applicable to A4 B6/B7 and C6 A6. Part number 4F0898101. BUT because it's a retrofit kit its more cost effective to buy the kit and throw away the bits you don't need as buying the two jets seperate is more expensive.

6th Gear

Status
    Apologies Dave; I forgot to remove my signature from the previous post. I'll see if I can edit it.

FYI; I tried this mod on my 2007 A3 a while back and the only obstacle is the scuttle panel. You could either be clever and cut the scuttle panel (I didn't fancy this in case I cocked it up) or fit a new scuttle panel.

The '3 jet' washer retrofit kits it appears on ETKA as only applicable to A4 B6/B7 and C6 A6. Part number 4F0898101. BUT because it's a retrofit kit its more cost effective to buy the kit and throw away the bits you don't need as buying the two jets seperate is more expensive.

Thanks for that

Dave

Neutral

Status
    Sorry to sound dumb but can someone please tell me what ETKA is?

Cheers.
    StagsyA4
    Audi A4 (B7) 2.0 TDi S-Line (140 bhp), Saloon, Moro Blue Pearl Effect with...
    Black Leather w/ Alcantara | Rear Parking Sensors | BT Handsfree w/ iPhone 4 Dock | RS4 Pedals | RNS-E | Tints
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To come: OEM Xenon's | FB Steering Wheel | Centre Armrest | Bluefin | New RS6 rep's 19"

6th Gear

Status
    is the programme we use to look parts up and identify them from chassis number
    Thanks
    Parts Team (Stoke Audi)

www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk
    www.audiservicing.com

Stoke Audi
    Stanley Matthews Way
    Trentham Lakes
    Stoke on Trent
    ST4 4DD

01782 590428