EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    Audi driver since Dec 08

Status

Phone cradle for HTC Desire

Hi guys. I bought my A3 two years ago because Audi gave me their word that I could have a phone cradle to suit my phone at the time, for free. Of course, half a year later, it still hadn't even been designed, so I got a refund for it.

I've heard no more cradles are being designed now, is this true? I have an HTC Desire, and would dearly love to be able to make use of the huge contraption screwed to my dash! If it will never be of use, have you guys come up with a very neat way of removing it and concealing the hole? I haven't taken it off yet to see how big the hole is/holes are. I guess there must be two screw holes and a hole for wiring
    .: 2005 Dolphin Grey A3 2.0 TDI Sport :.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi heeman10,

I've spent a while looking for a solution to the very same problem. I thought I was on my own on this one particularity seeing as I also have the htc desire phone and the phone prep attached to the dash on my a3. Cradles for various iphones and nokia phones I have found are available quite easily but not for htc desire. I doubt it will make any difference but I will contact my local audi dealership later this week and see if they have a solution. Keep me posted if you make or have made any progress on your dilemma and should I come up with anything myself I will be sure to let you know.

Later

highlanderr

6th Gear

Status
    Hi

as far as i can see there is no blanking kit for taking the phone prep off the dash
    All the latest phone cradles and info you will find on our website

www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk

type in cradles in the search button and the list should appear

i will email Audi Accessories to find out any futher info

Dave

email sent
    Thanks
    Parts Team (Stoke Audi)

www.audiservicing.com

Stoke Audi
    Stanley Matthews Way
    Trentham Lakes
    Stoke on Trent
    ST4 4DD

01782 590428

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by heeman10 View Post
    Hi guys. I bought my A3 two years ago because Audi gave me their word that I could have a phone cradle to suit my phone at the time, for free. Of course, half a year later, it still hadn't even been designed, so I got a refund for it.

I've heard no more cradles are being designed now, is this true? I have an HTC Desire, and would dearly love to be able to make use of the huge contraption screwed to my dash! If it will never be of use, have you guys come up with a very neat way of removing it and concealing the hole? I haven't taken it off yet to see how big the hole is/holes are. I guess there must be two screw holes and a hole for wiring

pm me your chassis number,
    so that i can send a request off regarding any blanking kits
    as i cannot see anything

Dave
    Thanks
    Parts Team (Stoke Audi)

www.audiservicing.com

Stoke Audi
    Stanley Matthews Way
    Trentham Lakes
    Stoke on Trent