Rise of the Machine (BMW M9/Cyroa C 14a) - Images

I

imported_lutz

Regarding to DickyS3 , I should show some more of the pictures of my hobby.

A few years ago I did design a sports car (my first design ever), a helicopter and a BMW coupe.

In spite of the age of my work I hope that you still would like it.

Here are the "Machines":

The sportscar.

cyroa02.jpg

c14a_3.jpg

cyroa04.jpg

cyroa01.jpg

c14a_2.jpg

The helicopter.

h02.jpg

ph.jpg

h03.jpg

The BMW.

6_coupe_1.jpg

m6_1.jpg

6_coupe_2.jpg

m6_2.jpg

6_coupe_3.jpg

m6_4.jpg

m6_5.jpg

sred.jpg

Here are 2 more images (For those who want to see...;))

www.audi-sport.net - Introduction Thread - Lutz

[ QUOTE ]
caractere 007 said:
..umm nice what have you used ?..alias or 3d studio max?

[/ QUOTE ]
...neither...nor...

I've used CATIA V5. (A French CAD/CAM program)

Yeah man, you're very very gifted!!!! Did BMW see these pics?? Amazing man!

BTW, have you guys seen I, robot? Did you guys see the amazing audi concept? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

G.

Very nice! I wish I could do that!

You are very talented!

Rich.

I am Almost sorry to say this but that Beemer is so cool, BMW should employ you, the Ci concept is just so clean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

It would look good in the flesh I am sure, it's way better than the BM Version.

Your drawings are wicked! I (and 3 others) designed a human powered aircraft on Pro Engineer Wildfire which is also a CAD program. Have you created each part from scratch e.g. protrusions and revolving to make everything and then put it all in an assembly?

They truly do look amazing and wish I knew how to use the ****** CAD programs to that level! In our university lectures the guy from Pro Engineer comes and demonstrates how "easy" it is to do all of these assemblies, but then when I have a go myself I can just about make a simple shaft or aerofoil!

So well done!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
revdup said:
cool, ur gifted man ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks a lot, Thanks a lot!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you for the compliment! BMW is using a different design line ("styling" direction/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) than I do. I think they doesn't want to see any of these pictures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The Audi concept is looking great, at my c14 car I had the same door opening at first, but later I'd decided to make a "conventional" version of the door opening.

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
Very nice! I wish I could do that!

You are very talented!

Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]
Rich, Thanks a lot for your nice compliment! Who says that you couldn't do that as well? Just give it a try, it's not necessary to use a complicated CAD/CAM program. I just used this program, because it was the only one I had that time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
GezzerS4 said:
I am Almost sorry to say this but that Beemer is so cool, BMW should employ you, the Ci concept is just so clean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

It would look good in the flesh I am sure, it's way better than the BM Version.

[/ QUOTE ]
What a compliment!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I already thought about a road car, but I didn't know the size and measurements of a V12 engine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ajmackie said:
Your drawings are wicked!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you very much!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ajmackie said:
I (and 3 others) designed a human powered aircraft on Pro Engineer Wildfire which is also a CAD program.

[/ QUOTE ]
You already get my respect, because you and your friends have designed your own invention. I know Pro-E and I also know that this CAD/CAM program is one of the most difficult to learn.

[ QUOTE ]
ajmackie said:
Have you created each part from scratch e.g. protrusions and revolving to make everything and then put it all in an assembly?

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely, I did it exactly in that way. I also used the "Technical Surfacing" functionalities. It didn't work so well as you can see in the front of the BMW "M", there I had extreme blending problems to get the surfaces together. The good thing is, that all models are very detailed and at the right scale.

[ QUOTE ]
ajmackie said:
They truly do look amazing and wish I knew how to use the ****** CAD programs to that level! In our university lectures the guy from Pro Engineer comes and demonstrates how "easy" it is to do all of these assemblies, but then when I have a go myself I can just about make a simple shaft or aerofoil!

So well done!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
It is good to have someone (from Pro-E) who knows how to work with it. The best way to learn is to experiment afterhours as much as you can. A few days (!!) later and you can ask him questions he couldn't answer immediately. That's normal, because everything you see at his "presentation" he made by himself and he's using that over and over again. He only can use a short amount of time to teach you, so he must be pretty fast. He can't show you all the "tricks". (..and yes, there are tricks... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)
I know all that, because I was such a "guy from Dassault (CATIA)" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Finally I wishing you a great success at the university and yes, have fun!!!

Cheers!!! I think I'm going to have a play around with it if I get spare time this year and try and become "proficient"!! Good luck with your designs!

Cheers, AJ!!
I'll try my best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS: Just get to know the basics, the rest works by itself! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif