Jaguar XF Diesel S

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
I know this is the A3 forum but this is the busiest forum by far and I wanted to hear what A3 drivers thought of this choice. My old boy has just off loaded his BMW 335d M-Sport coupe and bought the new Jaguar XF Diesel S in Portfolio spec with 20'' wheels and Bowers and Wilkins stereo etc. He got a great deal on it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/carreviews/5120541/Jaguar-XF-diesel-S-review.html

I told him he was mental. The BMW just looks so much more attractive in my eyes.

What say you? Did he make the right move? The Jag is faster on paper and has more torque. I just don't think it looks as good as the 3 coupe.

Audi hasn't got anything to match these kinds of engines. When are they going to get in on the twin turbo diesel game? Can you imagine one of these diesel units in an A3? It would fly...

If you had the choice, which would it be? The Beemer or the Jag?

I think they are both great cars, but I still think Jaguar is for the older generation and so I would personally pick the beemer.

Yup, Audi definitely needs to start making better engines. The BMW engines are pretty dam good! Would be great to see the 2.0 TT engine from the 123d in an A3!

I would ahve the 335d in M Sport guise

Its a personal choice tho.

i am looking at getting a twin turbo diesel 123d M Sport now. If mine goes this weekend I will be straight on the phone to BMW! They are a flying machine, but pig ugly! lol So I suppose pigs can fly?

The Jag is a LOVELEY car and I here good things about the engine too.

Audi do need to step it up a bit in the TDi game, they have only just got common rail tho ***!

A good choice overall but I would have the beemer.

There are plans to make a forum for discussing car in general but for now can you keep this sort of chat (i.e. not 8P related) to the other brands and models forum please.

I know it's frustrating as those forums are not very busy but we need to try and generate interest in those places.

The Jag is seen as a more 'refined' car I reckon... Holds better road presence than the BMW saloon m-sport and has rear lights akin to the Audi A3/ A4/ A6 in shape, nuff said lol...

The Jag oozes class. The BMW could be any 3 series... or 5 series, or just a 7 series really far away.

now these 3 series' are small, but those 7 series' in that field are faaar away..

s320x240

Jaguar for me.... But then im biased :whistle2: and never been a fan of beamers either...

The XJ with the same engine is an absolute beast over the XF....

They're both very good cars in their own rights, i get to drive all the new jags at work as i do all Stratstones MOT's for them, the XF is a very nice car to be inside and has more than ample power for a derv, the BMW looks better from the outside but the interior isn't as good as the jags, again these are quick cars too. If it was me personally i'd be looking at the XF R or the XK R, 4.2 v8 or 4.2 v8 supercharged, both of these are super sexy cars and sound the mutts nuts when giving it some.