Volks AutosBadger5

Thread: Opinions

1st Gear

Status

Opinions

I'm changing my car within the next few months, as an a3q owner i was naturally lookin at another Audi, 350Z but after reading this months EVO mag i'm really loving the SLK350.
    Whats everyones opinions of this car because price aside its basically a sports coupe/roadster and apparently has real sportscar aspect to it.
    Cheers
    Danny

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: Opinions

Great car if your a girl :cool. In all seriousness it does look the biz in EVO but the AMG kit on that one bumped the price up enormously. Lots of power from a great engine and it apparently handles really well, but I would still prefer the Boxster S if I had that money to spend on a car.

4th Gear

Status

just save a bit more and get a porka C4!! u know u wanna! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Leon said:
    Great car if your a girl :cool. In all seriousness it does look the biz in EVO but the AMG kit on that one bumped the price up enormously. Lots of power from a great engine and it apparently handles really well, but I would still prefer the Boxster S if I had that money to spend on a car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really impressed with every aspec ot the car...Its a good looking roadster, good looking coupe, 0-62 in 5.5 secs, Good power to weight ratio, solid chassis with almast no oversteer/understeer...So as for the money part of the deal....
    The cars 34000 otr which isn't too far from a tt v6 with toys, BUT add the AMG kit 2500 good stereo upgrade 2500, leather seats 1000, 18" AMG rims and sports suspension 1200....I'm looking at 41k+....
    Decisions, decisions [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

I agree, the SLK is a girlie car.

I don't know about the UK, but the SLK's in the States have had many issues - electrical and mechanical.

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Alonzo said:

I'm really impressed with every aspec ot the car...Its a good looking roadster, good looking coupe, 0-62 in 5.5 secs, Good power to weight ratio, solid chassis with almast no oversteer/understeer...So as for the money part of the deal....
    The cars 34000 otr which isn't too far from a tt v6 with toys, BUT add the AMG kit 2500 good stereo upgrade 2500, leather seats 1000, 18" AMG rims and sports suspension 1200....I'm looking at 41k+....
    Decisions, decisions [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which takes you bang into Boxter S territory. So unless some silly folding flappy roof thing is what you need to fill your posing pouch, I'd be heading for a proper drivers car and putting a deposit on a Boxter.
    Still the best drivers car in it's class and absolutely rock solid residualy make it the best buy in my opinion.

The Merc is still a little too 'pipe and slippers' for me.

DAF
    1st Gear

Status

If i had 41+ to spend i'd be looking at a nearly new M3?.

imported_alxs3

without doubt the slk is a nice car but the price does seem a bit daft. dont forget the new boxster is just round the corner so maybe hang on for a bit longer to see what thats like.