Opinions

Alonzo

Reaction score
I'm changing my car within the next few months, as an a3q owner i was naturally lookin at another Audi, 350Z but after reading this months EVO mag i'm really loving the SLK350.
Whats everyones opinions of this car because price aside its basically a sports coupe/roadster and apparently has real sportscar aspect to it.
Cheers
Danny

Great car if your a girl :cool. In all seriousness it does look the biz in EVO but the AMG kit on that one bumped the price up enormously. Lots of power from a great engine and it apparently handles really well, but I would still prefer the Boxster S if I had that money to spend on a car.

[ QUOTE ]
Leon said:
Great car if your a girl :cool. In all seriousness it does look the biz in EVO but the AMG kit on that one bumped the price up enormously. Lots of power from a great engine and it apparently handles really well, but I would still prefer the Boxster S if I had that money to spend on a car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really impressed with every aspec ot the car...Its a good looking roadster, good looking coupe, 0-62 in 5.5 secs, Good power to weight ratio, solid chassis with almast no oversteer/understeer...So as for the money part of the deal....
The cars £34000 otr which isn't too far from a tt v6 with toys, BUT add the AMG kit £2500 good stereo upgrade £2500, leather seats £1000, 18" AMG rims and sports suspension £1200....I'm looking at £41k+....
Decisions, decisions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I agree, the SLK is a girlie car.

I don't know about the UK, but the SLK's in the States have had many issues - electrical and mechanical.

[ QUOTE ]
Alonzo said:

I'm really impressed with every aspec ot the car...Its a good looking roadster, good looking coupe, 0-62 in 5.5 secs, Good power to weight ratio, solid chassis with almast no oversteer/understeer...So as for the money part of the deal....
The cars £34000 otr which isn't too far from a tt v6 with toys, BUT add the AMG kit £2500 good stereo upgrade £2500, leather seats £1000, 18" AMG rims and sports suspension £1200....I'm looking at £41k+....
Decisions, decisions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Which takes you bang into Boxter S territory. So unless some silly folding flappy roof thing is what you need to fill your posing pouch, I'd be heading for a proper drivers car and putting a deposit on a Boxter.
Still the best drivers car in it's class and absolutely rock solid residualy make it the best buy in my opinion.

The Merc is still a little too 'pipe and slippers' for me.

If i had 41+ to spend i'd be looking at a nearly new M3?.

without doubt the slk is a nice car but the price does seem a bit daft. dont forget the new boxster is just round the corner so maybe hang on for a bit longer to see what thats like.