Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    Born to Fish

Status

Any female in early 20's ONLY.

What it is my eldest daughter wants to change her motor (Clio 04) she is contemplating a Mini One Petrol. Has anyone in the correct age and gender category had experience with one ?

The choice could come down to Mini One, Pug 207, New Clio, Corsa SXI or Fiesta Zetec S, The priority with whichever she chooses is (It must look Nice) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    My Ex use to have a Mini Cooper.

She liked it but if i got in the front, the passenger seat use to go all the way back (I'm 6ft1) so no1 in the back. But if her and her mates aren't too tall(5ft5 ish), they'll get and It'll be ok.

A quick word with my G/f who's sitting next to me:

Pug - prefers the 206.
    Don't like the clios.
    Corsa luks dodgy.
    and fiestas ugly (boxy)...

she's 18 btw.

I;d go for the mini too, use to have a cooper S and bought it from Mini from Chester Road and under warranty, they put in a new clutch, flywheel, changed a lowd of bushes. Also, rear seats backings, steering rack, all new brakes and pads were put in before i bought it as it was used... and a few more bobs were put in so the service is absolutly top!

Runing costs of the mini will probs be the most expensive (service) but they are really good cars and well made....

Can she not go for a Cooper though? I think the One is a bit basic and you can get the cooper remaped to be as same as the cooper S !

They sound really good too!

Unsure on the latest ones but the pre-facelift had a chilli pack (can't remember what it is but get it!! I remember only looking at minsi with the chilli thing!)

Mini all the way!

Hope this helps
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

Bumble Bee

Status
    GF has a Mini One too, nice cars. Not as refined as a BMW though. Little space in back seats and a really tiny boot. The One is a bit guttless i feel, however she doesnt have an issue with it.
    Audi S3 Quattro

Born to Fish

Status
    Cheers for the answers After a few days of mulling it over she decided it was to be the Mini route and i think i will apply gentle pressure for a Cooper even though she does not even consider performance, it's just got to look nice
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

Born to Fish

Status
    Bloody females The Mini's out the window now and everything else she was considering It looks like its come down to a Vauxhall Tigra with the snazzy folding roof. Gotta be red though.
    Last edited by TFSI; 28th August 2008 at 14:12.

Status
    And who says women change their mind like the weather....
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    New Suzuki Swift sport ?
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    the mini is the best quality of them all by far and will fetch the most in nearly all situations on resale.....

my misus whos 23 has a yellow mini one, problem being that power drops off at 4000rpm where as the cooper continues...... to solve this she has bought a superchips Bluefin which increased the power to just over that of a cooper.... the cooper incidently just pulls better over 4k.... now hers does too and actually outperforms coopers once into the 60mph area...... she has had a play with several off the lights and always come home with a smile on her face -mini2.com forum will confirm this on all M One's.

Most cars came with a certain level of spec as nobody wanted a bog standard, shes got rev counter, electric everything which i think is standard, computer and stripes...the plan is to buy cooper S bumpers and skirts off ebay which go for less than 100 inclusive..... not hard to get looking like a cooper if required
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

Born to Fish

Status
    Finally the 58 plate Vauxhall Tigra 1.4 Air has arrived and i must admit i am quietly impressed. I even gave it a lick of my Megs polish i use on the Audi.

She's chuffed to bits with it and the bloody roofs dizzy already, a bit like she is, Oh and its red.

Now the younger daughter fancies one

Blow ma own trumpet?

Status
    Unbelieveable, cute wee car tho. At least it's not a pink micra
    Ford Mondeo 2.0i Durtec Ghia X Estate
    Leather / Dog Hair.

Dieselfitter 251
    A4 avant '97 1.9tdi q
    a.k.a. STINKY
    [B]250k!
    ..she's gooooonnnne!!!!

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    Pink Micra?
    I would love my missus to want a pink Micra.

She wants one of these....
    http://www.browning.com/products/cat...13&type_id=289

A pink Micra is a blessing in comparisson

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

Blow ma own trumpet?

Status
    Urgh, does it come with a spaniel in pink with a be-jeweled collar for those, 'hi classed' country shoots?

http://www.lesona.sk/catalog/images/Glock17.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../Domok_g36.JPG

The other half regularly drives these....
    Last edited by dieselfitter251; 15th January 2009 at 21:22. Reason: spelling
    Ford Mondeo 2.0i Durtec Ghia X Estate
    Leather / Dog Hair.

Dieselfitter 251
    A4 avant '97 1.9tdi q
    a.k.a. STINKY
    [B]250k!
    ..she's gooooonnnne!!!!