Any female in early 20's ONLY.

TFSI

Born to Fish
Reaction score
What it is my eldest daughter wants to change her motor (Clio 04) she is contemplating a Mini One Petrol. Has anyone in the correct age and gender category had experience with one ?

The choice could come down to Mini One, Pug 207, New Clio, Corsa SXI or Fiesta Zetec S, The priority with whichever she chooses is (It must look Nice) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

My Ex use to have a Mini Cooper.

She liked it but if i got in the front, the passenger seat use to go all the way back (I'm 6ft1) so no1 in the back. But if her and her mates aren't too tall(5ft5 ish), they'll get and It'll be ok.

A quick word with my G/f who's sitting next to me:

Pug - prefers the 206.
Don't like the clios.
Corsa luks dodgy.
and fiestas ugly (boxy)...

she's 18 btw.

I;d go for the mini too, use to have a cooper S and bought it from Mini from Chester Road and under warranty, they put in a new clutch, flywheel, changed a lowd of bushes. Also, rear seats backings, steering rack, all new brakes and pads were put in before i bought it as it was used... and a few more bobs were put in so the service is absolutly top!

Runing costs of the mini will probs be the most expensive (service) but they are really good cars and well made....

Can she not go for a Cooper though? I think the One is a bit basic and you can get the cooper remaped to be as same as the cooper S !

They sound really good too!

Unsure on the latest ones but the pre-facelift had a chilli pack (can't remember what it is but get it!! I remember only looking at minsi with the chilli thing!)

Mini all the way!

Hope this helps

GF has a Mini One too, nice cars. Not as refined as a BMW though. Little space in back seats and a really tiny boot. The One is a bit guttless i feel, however she doesnt have an issue with it.

Cheers for the answers :icon_thumright: After a few days of mulling it over she decided it was to be the Mini route and i think i will apply gentle pressure for a Cooper even though she does not even consider performance, it's just got to look nice :faint::faint:

****** females :uhm: The Mini's out the window now and everything else she was considering :uhm: It looks like its come down to a Vauxhall Tigra with the snazzy folding roof. Gotta be red though.

the mini is the best quality of them all by far and will fetch the most in nearly all situations on resale.....

my misus whos 23 has a yellow mini one, problem being that power drops off at 4000rpm where as the cooper continues...... to solve this she has bought a superchips Bluefin which increased the power to just over that of a cooper.... the cooper incidently just pulls better over 4k.... now hers does too and actually outperforms coopers once into the 60mph area...... she has had a play with several off the lights and always come home with a smile on her face -mini2.com forum will confirm this on all M One's.

Most cars came with a certain level of spec as nobody wanted a bog standard, shes got rev counter, electric everything which i think is standard, computer and stripes...the plan is to buy cooper S bumpers and skirts off ebay which go for less than £100 inclusive..... not hard to get looking like a cooper if required:thumbsup:

Finally the 58 plate Vauxhall Tigra 1.4 Air has arrived and i must admit i am quietly impressed. I even gave it a lick of my Megs polish i use on the Audi.

She's chuffed to bits with it and the ****** roofs dizzy already, a bit like she is, Oh and its red.

Now the younger daughter fancies one:huh::huh::huh: