I thought car dealers were having a hard time

motorbikez

Reaction score
Looking for a new small turbo diesel for the misses went into the local vauxhall dealer.Receptionist sat there with a face like an a--e no greeting so I asked for a brochure on a corsa which she duly handed me didn't ask if I wanted to speak with a salesman so I wondered around the showroom past 2 salesmen glued to their chairs.Eventually I asked the nearest one a few questions still never moved off his chair never offered test drive basically fairly disinterested.So I won't be spending my money there.

Good response from fiat dealership salesman freindly offered test drive in fiat grande punto 1.3 multijet diesel so wil be going with misses and kids for a test drive on saturday.

Ford dealership new fiesta not due till Oct according to salesman who was OK but not as enthusiastic as fiat salesman.

Anyone on here got a corsa or grande punto diesel or nissan micra 1.5dci comments please good or bad.

You may be right Lottie but I think car dealers are having a hard time thats why there are all these 0% deals appearing just some dealers are as you say ignorant idiots who no doubt will be made redundant in the next 6 months or so.

Was in the same position as you this weekend. Went to Arnold Clark Ford in Aberdeen - salesman was an ar$e. Went to a local Ford dealer and the salesman was much more approachable. No problem with a test drive and taking our time.

Also went to Arnold Clark Fiat in Aberdeen. Salesman there was fine until we started talking price. The were selling Punto 1.4 Dynamic Sport for £9288 and wouldn't move on the price. I said that I've seen them on Broadspeed for £8400 and the salesman just turned into an ar$e. Claiming that they buy them for £8400. I'd have been willing to pay a £8800 to have the convenience of buying locally as you the Broadspeed dealer could have been in Cornwall for all we know.

Ended up buying the current shape Fiesta from our local dealer. Got a 1.4 Zetec Climate for £8700 which is more than £3k off RRP. OK it's not the latest model but this car is just going to be used for commuting so we don't really care. The best price I saw on Broadspeed was £9700 so it just shows the internet isn't always cheaper!

Yeah misses has the current 1.4tdci fiesta reasonable car excellent on fuel 60mpg and £35 a year car tax we were going to run it into the ground but with the 0% deals on the go and while her car is worth something we thought we'd trade it in now.Its an 06 with 48K on it so its now or never.

nissan micra 1.5dci comments please good or bad.

Putting aside the sneers and put-downs that abound when the Micra is mentioned and having owned many powerful sportscars I'm well impressed with a petrol auto 12 month old current shape Micra my wife has purchased.
It easily does 50mpg albeit being driven gently, but will cruise at 70mph no problem. Can't believe how well it's equipped, so I'm happy to sit in its comfortable folding armrest fitted driving seat, use the leather covered steering wheel and relax using the cruise.
control. Having completed several longish journeys in the same time as others do in gas guzzling pose-mobiles got a feeling my wife is having the last laugh on the way to her bank. Best of all as a counterpoint to dashing about it's a hoot to potter along on or below the speed limits and witness other drivers getting their knickers in a twist because they are being held up by a silver-haired old bloke in a Micra. That said it still has no street cred so am a bit shy to be seen behind the wheel & only too happy to return to an Audi, Honda S2000 and a DB4