2004 Corsa SXI

TFSI

Born to Fish
Reaction score
Youngest daughters motor. Strange problem with the left turn indicator.

Its like (difficult to explain) misses a beat or misses a few beats, will not work at all sometimes just flashes the dash indicator quickly. Bulbs, connections, have all been damp proofed and electrolubed including side marker. All 3 lamps skip beats when it occurs. Had a look at the stalk and gave the connections a clean and smear of electrolube even though the problem is still there when using the hazard switch.

My first reaction was a dodgy connection or short but with the engine running the problem doesnt go away but does diminish a tad.

Somebody mentioned an ecu contains the flasher unit even though i dont think its this at fault.

Anybody had experience of this type of fault on a 2004 VX Corsa.

PLEASE :shrug:

Youngest daughters motor. Strange problem with the left turn indicator.

Its like (difficult to explain) misses a beat or misses a few beats, will not work at all sometimes just flashes the dash indicator quickly. Bulbs, connections, have all been damp proofed and electrolubed including side marker. All 3 lamps skip beats when it occurs. Had a look at the stalk and gave the connections a clean and smear of electrolube even though the problem is still there when using the hazard switch.

My first reaction was a dodgy connection or short but with the engine running the problem doesnt go away but does diminish a tad.

Somebody mentioned an ecu contains the flasher unit even though i dont think its this at fault.

Anybody had experience of this type of fault on a 2004 VX Corsa.

PLEASE :shrug:

Any comments PLEASE :sadlike::sadlike::sadlike: I gotta fix this thing soon :sadlike::sadlike::sadlike:

First thing to check

bulbs are they all connecting cleanly look for corrosion, then the flasher relay unit and even the hazard switches.

Finally the indicator stalk itself.

M