Now I'm really hacked off!!!

mramage

Reaction score
[ Warning, long post, take caffine now ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Before I begin, Jo/Jon, sorry to hear about your cars. I wasn't going to post this, but after reading what happened to you and what happened today, I've gone over the edge. Remember, my car is less than two months old!

Started two weeks ago with ICE fitting. First they "forgot" to fit the rear speakers (just as well, turns out it's the fronts I should be changing). Then I get back to work to find a scratch, through to the metal at places.

Most ****** off I hurry back before they shut. Accepts blame, offers to pay for re-spray of wing, ok, fair enough, but still annoyed.

Today (while sub fitting) I discover that the head unit hasn't been connected to the battery or an ignition feed. It's a 4x60 Alpine unit and it states explicity DO NOT CONNECT BEHIND DASHBOARD. Guess where it's connected.

So much for proffessional ICE fitting. Never again.

Sorry to hear that.

I'm not sure what the story is with them respraying the wing - is there no way they can replace the wing? Maybe I am being blonde, but I would stress to them that a resprayed wing could affect resale value etc. etc.

Also - I had mine resprayed (after the last keying), and the paintwork is terrible - looks like little stalactites where they sprayed it badly.

Make sure you check your paintwork thoroughly before leaving the bodyshop, and don't accept anything less than perfection.

And get the shop to admit liability in writing !!!!

Wish I could have got more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I was lucky to get them to pay for the re-spray.

The wing was done at a local place where I've had work done before. I've always been happy, so hopefully this will be fine. They always have nice cars in, actually had Lambo. Countach in when I went for the quote /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif