Depreciation, RX8

petewon

Reaction score
Well Ive been looking for months at something to replace my A4, Im currently between A3 2.0FSI and 1 series (breadvan) I also have been today to look at an RX8 although totaly different to the other two I quite like it. The price was £12.5k, 2004, 18k on the clock, the RRP on this is about 20k. That seems quite a big drop on the first 3 years, Im just wondering how much I should expect to loose over the next 3 years compared to somthing like and A3 or BMW.

Its the smaller 190 version. I have drove it and it had no torque in the lower rev range but quite pokey when it was going. I was quite taken by it.

The engines supposed to be very reliable compared to the RX7 but I hear that Mazdas claim of 26mpg is very optimistic.

Anyone got any opinions on these cars?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Ive seen 53 plate ones for less than 10 grand I dont think they will lose much more than that though

Cheers Silver.:thumbsup:

I'm really tempted by this but after reading a bit more on the owners club forum I'm just not sure if I can deal with the running costs and possible reliability issues. Back to the drawing board me thinks.:(