Porsche Carrera 2 - 996

The 997 I borrowed was red and with the full aerokit, it looked amazing.

If I found myself in the position to order a GT3...it would be white. It looks epic in white...but I think it needs the wings, spoilers and roll cage to carry it off.

Aberdeen OPC sold a Cayman in white with anthracite wheels...and it looked stunning!

stoakseya4 said:
Where are all the red ones ?!!

And white. That's what I'd have given the choice. Gotta have balls for white!

Its all about cobalt blue best colour for the 911 imo

Do like the Cobalt Blue too, but have just seen a mint silver with black leather interior, with Tracker, FPSH and Porsche warranty, onkly 36k miles, which I'm quite liking the look of.

Well specced, but only a C2, but can't have everything! Just need to sell the S4 !

I like Cobalt Blue too but when you are buying a second hand car you can't always choose the colour (unless it is Silver). There are so many combinations when it comes to the spec the best thing to do is to decide on what you must have and be flexible on the rest

Unless you want Black, Silver or Dark Blue, there's not alot about. There's the occasional Grey one, never any reds or whites...

I'd go for red personally, but at the moment I have only found 2 for sale in my price bracket, but they're both cabrios.

Have found what appears to be a silver with black leather, 36k miles, £34k, FPSH, Porsche Warranty, Tracker, also has the paint protection film added to the front of the car so avoiding stone chips. Silver isn't my 1st choice (having had a few silver cars in the past) but there's certainly nothing offensive about it. Will see what becomes available whilst trying to get rid of the S4...

If i were in a position to buy a Porsche it would have to be a lairy orange GT3......

My local dealer has a fine example...

493asuper.jpg

stoakseya4 said:

Have found what appears to be a silver with black leather...

please dont go for boring silver and black :(

I see so many of these everyday and I understand why everyone goes for that combo but its just so boring!

cobalt blue! :wub: :wub:
main.php

Took a Lapis Blue C2 out last night (the early 3.4 model). Had 63k miles still covered by warranty, for £23k. Could have got it for £22,500. Had the sports exhaust on it and soun ded soooo sweeeet...

Have decided not to go for the older 3.4. Am gonna bide my time and drive a few more newer 3.6's around and get one once I've finished the house-build, which'll hopefully be about October, for about £35k.

If I'm really good, I might even try and get an early 997 as they seem to be almosty touching on the £40k mark. That however gives me another quandry and into RS4 territory, as they're about £42k at the moment...

Decisions decisions... An RS4 does make an interesting proposition! Depreciation will probably be heavier in the Rs4 though...

Ok, so have been thinking about stuff recently, and am now toying with the idea of either the 996 still, or a Lotus Exige S2 for fun, and possibly a 1.9tdi for day to day stuff...

Took an Exige out for a spin (almost literally) last week, and once you've managed to get in the car (no mean feet) it's ****** amazing. Maybe a second quicker to 60 than the S4, but as it's so small it feels much quicker.

Views ??

My Dad used to have a 996 C4S in cobalt blue

But now has a V8 Vantage

With a Range Rover TDV8 for a month in between which he hated

Have decided against the Exige now. Not sure hoe much time I'll actually get in it to be honest. May then regret buying it.

So am still thinking about the 996. C4S probably...

Yeah me too.
Am dead keen on track days, not many, but a few each year which the Exige would be ideal for, after that's what it was designed for, but the 911 will be fine also.

The 911 has obviious advantages though :

Adhoc rear seats for the baby;
Classic design
A real performance car

Goes like stink !!

As before anyone interested in a well cared for S4 Avant and/or a Nissan Navara with low mileage sometime around September/October- PM me...