I've just been out in one of these....

Vanquish.

WOW! The sound and sheer grunt of the acceleration from the V12 was just phenomonal!!

One of the best experiences of my life!

Why did I get a ride in one. My Girlfriends brother (Christian aka Drystone) gets married tomorrow, and he's borrowed the car of his boss. Good boss eh.

AL

Absolutely!!!

Tell you what, the gear change and power delivery after the gear change is just brutal.

How does 130(kph of course) in 3rd sound? Answer: Sounds f'in fantastic!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AL

I just about managed 120 in 3rd in the S3 coming up the A5 a couple of nights ago. It red lined and then the limiter kicked in. Sounded good I bet!

Stuffy Gits!! You'd have looked a bit out of place cruising around Rawtenstall in that eh?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Golf Bygone said:
I just about managed 120 in 3rd in the S3 coming up the A5 a couple of nights ago. It red lined and then the limiter kicked in. Sounded good I bet!

[/ QUOTE ]

U sure your speedo is working!?! My a3 manages 105 in 3rd, and the gearing is longer than the S3/TT due to 5 speed not 6!

Rich

More likely to be 4th... Does the S3 manage 60 in 2nd? Cos my A3 does near 70 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rich

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sounds like you had a great time Al, shame about the clutch Christian, wish you all the best on the big day!

Fantastic opportunity given to you there, sounds like you and Christian had a blast.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifmy god, that beast is awesome.
i can imagine how that power felt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
that's something for life!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif