AH FabricationsChris Nott
    imported_CurryMilkShake

BMW 330d SE - what should I be looking for?

Other that the indicator stalk that is!

It looks like I am about to join the dark side..

Company car (yes my lovely remapped A4) going back at the end of the month so I need to replace it..

have been trying to get something with at least the same or pref a good deal more performance, but the 'sensible' head has been trying to get me to go diesel and less than Ł10k..

not much about! anyway, have found a 2000 BMW 330d SE with that lovely 3 litre diesel lump.. tiptronic, 45k miles, metallic steel blue, alloys, cruise, parking sensors, aircon, cd multi, 17" alloys, new tyres, electric everything, full bmw s/h, - reduced from Ł12995 to Ł10895... going to look at it over the weekend..

so what should I look at? any gotchas with these? I understand they have a timing chain rather than belt so thats less of an issue.. would be grateful for pointers, as i like this forum and dont know of a BMW equivalent!

Thanks.. bring on the abuse now fellas..!

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_CurryMilkShake

Re: BMW 330d SE - what should I be looking for?

oh and pointers on the remap options would be good too!!

ANy idea what power the 2000 330d is? Ive seen a variety of figures so far..

5th Gear

Status

This might be able to give you some info...

clicky

imported_CurryMilkShake

Thanks!

Numptie of the highest order

Status

AmD can map that for you if you're that way inclined, I was actually thinking of getting one when I was thinking of trying to save some money last year - good choice I reckon.

imported_CurryMilkShake

Well I did it.. will post pics perhaps! this is what it looks like: http://www.millenniacars.co.uk/vehic...e_saloon_5.htm

Pick it up in a weeks time..

they are going to get the alloys refurbed, regas the aircon, put a fresh 12month ticket on, valet it, put a 12month parts/elec warranty on, and I got it for Ł10.5k...

Seems a sensible bet - the mileage is so low compared to all the others I found, that I can put 30k on it over the next year or two and still count it as low for its age.. and it drove beautifully.. handling I would say not as sharp as the A4 but its an SE not a sport.. quick though.. and i have already located the indicator stalk!

Adrian flux quoted Ł535 to include having it remapped, (240BHp here we come!) with a Ł300 excess..

Wish me luck!! I shall still be around though I am sure!

6th Gear

Status

Very nice CMS hope it serves you well mate!