Remapped A4 to Cooper S?!

• Thread starter imported_CurryMilkShake
  • Start date
I

imported_CurryMilkShake

Ok..

Looks like we will be buying a lot of Mini's for our company fleet...

Massive residuals is one thing, but the £450 tlc package, to cover all parts and all labour servicing for 8years and 80,000 miles just cant be ignored...

Whole - life costs over 80,000 miles end up being very small indeed.

However - It may be I have to take the lead, say bye to the audi, and hello to a Cooper S...

would appreciate your comments!!!

Cooper S, as in the supercharged version right? No doubt the company will make a saving from a depreciation point of view, and the TLC servicing package is the way to go, but fear the fuel bills, especially after a TDI! My sister has one, and finds it hard to better 25mpg driving around town with a light foot, this drops to less than 20mpg when giving it the works, they are pretty nice and involving to drive though, and go round corners like on rails. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Small car for a small man!!!!

And trust me he's very small!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Thanks for that Hacz!! Especially after I was nice about your new 1.8T!!

Cant win apparently - When I had the twin cab L200 I was 'compensating'!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jojo - yes the supercharged one.. almost all my driving is motorway now - what mileage does she get for that? It is relevant, Im doing about 30k pa.. and am moving away from the country forest roads I spend a fair bit of time on...

[ QUOTE ]

Jojo - yes the supercharged one.. almost all my driving is motorway now - what mileage does she get for that? It is relevant, Im doing about 30k pa.. and am moving away from the country forest roads I spend a fair bit of time on...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you would find it hard to achieve over 30mpg, unless you was driving at 56mph constantly... it's because the supercharger is constantly on song, and gives you crisp throttle response pretty much when you need it, nowhere near the 40/50mpg of your TDI

Also i think the market for Mini's has slowed down an awful lot.

My BMW/Mini dealer ship has loads of them and some have been there for sale for ages.

Cheers

mod number 1, smaller pulley wheel and remap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I went and drove a few of them yesterday..

Even the most basic Mini One, was a laugh! handled well, brakes were great, no rocket ship for sure, but certainly didnt hold anyone up, and a laugh too - miles better than some of the courtesy cars, corsa etc driven recently..

Straight Cooper was fine too..

Cooper S put a big grin on my face! 170Bhp, 210Nm torque, yes its no S3, but certainly still had a decent 'fun' quota!

Only one I didnt like - the CVT auto box in the mini was frankly atrocious, despite my not being anti-cvt generally.. it was sooooo slow, really unwilling to get on depsite the cooper lump, very unresponsive.. and no im not just comparing to my Audi Multi box - the CVT box in the mrs' 1995 Nissan Micra was better than the Mini one!

Looked up the official fuel for the cooper S - 23.9 Urban, 32.8 combined, 41.5 Extra urban.. Spoke to pal with one who reckons 33 from 80mph motorway, 27 driven more heavily.. How do these figs compare to other 170brake petrols?

It doesnt require supergrade either, so the costs vs diesel while there, are not as big as they could be..

(wonder who Im trying to convince?!)

How about the Mini diesel, get the TLC pack with good MPG.

P0011265_thumb.jpg

I've heard lots of people only getting between 14-18mpg out of a mini cooper s, never really anywhere near 30mpg, I think there great little cars, but I'd rather have something with a V8 for that kind of fuel economy!

[ QUOTE ]
How about the Mini diesel, get the TLC pack with good MPG.

P0011265_thumb.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Great for economy, but being the slowest Mini in the range, even slower than the CVT model, stay clear!

I've got a 06 reg Cooper S Works and yeah it's not great on fuel at all but even though i drive with a quite heavy right foot i still manage to get a weekly average of around 28-30mpg out of it. Dunno how you guys that are getting less than 20mpg are driving it all the time.