advice wanted from the TFSI/FSI owners.

bleedout

Reaction score
Morning folks,

Looking for a bit advice on upgrading the spaniel bus. Havingowned an ST before buying the 140 Avant I now am really starting to miss thepower of a petrol turbo. This coupled with the aparent bomb-scare of an Oil pumpthat I have at the moment means I am considering trading in the 05 Avant for eithera slightly newer Avant “FSI” or switching over to a 07-08reg Skoda VRS FSI(same engines I believe cheaper interior).
My questions though are what should I really be looking outfor with regards to the FSI engines?.
Do they have any of the horror faults like the “BR” 140pd enginesany common failings that dealers may try to sweep under the rug?.
Cheers for the help guys,

Cheers guys.

The oil pump issue isn't too bad: reconditioned drive pulley should sort that out permanently (i.e. not one with the hex bolt that will slip) that should buy you some time: no fun driving a time bomb, its only gonna make you impulse buy something you'll regret.

Maybe look at an older 1.8t avant, those engines are pretty much bullet proof, but you'll be after the 190 quattro for anywhere close to the thrills compared to a 300bhp hot hatch and you'll still have to mod it.

I'm guessing the 3.0tfsi's are out of your price range? the late c6 a6 company cars should start to roll out of the fleets soon and there down to £20k already: possibly a lot less.

Last edited: