AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
    2nd Gear

Status

New Aston Martin V8 Vantage

This weeks Autocar has a good story on the new baby Aston, the V8 Vantage. Its a stunner!

Its due to arrive in 2005 and go head to head with 911. For Ł60k you get a 4.3-litre V8 with an approx. 320bhp, and it will weigh under 1500kg (probably the same weight as an S3 then [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). The speed estimations are that it will match the 911 Carrera 2's 177mph top speed and 0-60mph 4.6secs.

I loved the car, but I am a bit unsure of the half leather / half cloth for Ł60k [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. Probably will be an option though. I think it is a great alternative to an RS6?

Oh yeah, and you can fit you golf clubs in the boot (and your wellies if your an Avant owner [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status

Re: New Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Top Gear also has a feature this month.

I want one. (which actually doesn't have any relevance on if I'll get one [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])

Reverse Gear

Status

Looks great - I think Auto-express had the estimated price at Ł75k, though.

Seems more realistic, as otherwise you get a Aston Martin that is cheaper than a 911 !!

sidicks

2nd Gear

Status

I think the 911 Carrera 2 is about Ł57k? Thats why the price was so similar. I'm probably talking ****** though [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

Yes you're right, but the Aston Martin isn't out for 2 or 3 years.

The facelifted 911 is due out soon, and I'm betting that there will probably be a Ł3k increase over the next 3 years.

At the end of the day it's all guesswork, whether it's my guesses, your guesses or the magazines guesses !!

sidicks

Neutral

Status

You gotta love it looks fantastic, [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Ford have really turned A.M around, everyone was moaning when they bought it.

Reverse Gear

Status

I couple of guys I know have had DB7s ang they have always moaned about the general build quality compared to Porsches and high end Mercs and BMWs. One of them has now got rid of their DB7 and now got the top BMW X5. They also moan about the depreciation on AMs.

Neutral

Status

Moff - think power is to be more like 450bhp rather than 320bhp

and you'd expect so seeing as it is a bored version of the supercharged XJR engine

v nice motor, now were did I leave that Ł75k wad of used twenties?

Neutral

Status

[ QUOTE ]

I loved the car, but I am a bit unsure of the half leather / half cloth for Ł60k [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. Probably will be an option though. I think it is a great alternative to an RS6?

[/ QUOTE ]

May I humble reply that my grey leather/alcantara seats look a lot better than any full leather seat I have ever seen! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    May I humble reply that my grey leather/alcantara seats look a lot better than any full leather seat I have ever seen!

[/ QUOTE ]
    I really like Alcantara too, but this stuff is really minging in th AM, it was like tweed [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Awful stuff combined with Terracotta leather [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

If I get a another new S3 I might get half leather, half tweed [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]