E60 M5

S3-Oski

Reaction score
Hi has anyone here ever owned one of these?
What do you think of them.
,I am currently looking for a new car, and always fancied one of these,
Cheers

lovely car mate - options list is absolutely massive.

After having dealt with most E60 issues recently, keep a big budget aside for repairs, far more costly than Audi for parts alone!

IIRC the MPG on these is something ridiculous like 12mpg, so bear that in mind too

Otherwise, amazing car :)

I had a run in one of these - launch control was very fun but didn't find it that amazing to drive. Lovely noise and good power but didn't feel very involving.

I think there's an issue with Vanos which I don't have a clue what it means but I know it's big bucks to replace/repair.

I used 1/4 tank of petrol on a 20 mile journey - ok that was going flat out but still.

I also have a fancy for one of these for my next car, only real info i can add from what i have dug up is they go through clutches quite regular, anything from 40-60K will usually need replacing which plays on my mind a bit.

Also had some negative comments for daily town driving, aparantly the gearbox isnt great at low speeds etc, but that may be a personal opinion, im still gonna go have a couple of test drives before ''im out'' on the M5.

Apart from that its been one of my dream cars and i fancy doing it when i get home from working abroad.