EM TuningMonster Motorsport

Thread: Busted!!!!

previously LeeS3

Status

Busted!!!!

I have to share this.

Forget your speed radars the police have a new weapon to take us down. Plus stealth.

I got caught doing 89.9 on an A road by a undercover 'police bike' using something called the 'pilot' device. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

This pilot system is basically a video camera. They pic a reference point, start the clock and then stop the clock at another reference point. Totally undetectable by any of the current speed radar kit. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif[/img]

My Snooper S5, was snuggly tucked away in the glove box anyway - it was 11.45pm on a friday night in the middle of nowhere.

Guess I should known that not many bikers would have been out, and should have treated him a bit more suspiciously.

No more speeding for me! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

previously LeeS3

Status

Re: Busted!!!!

Interestingly, I was chatting to an ex/army pal of mine and he mentioned that most police forces will occassionally run high performance car days for the public. On these courses the adv police instructor will show you how to drive safely, but at the same time 'razz the t'tts' off your car.. Plus skid pan action too. Sounds good.

previously LeeS3

Status

Re: Busted!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
    Moff said
    Surely police have been using an identical system for year

[/ QUOTE ]

PC plod was well impressed with his new speed enforcement kit and said it was being taken up by most of her majesties' constabularies.

I think they have used vid stuff before, but this is super accurate and also easier to use in court.