EM TuningAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    177

    Isn\'t it great when...

    ...you can have a good play with another car, by which I mean a 'race' in a loose sense of the word, and then give each other a friendly wave when going your separate ways.

    Happened to me last night. I had a proper good blast along some dual carriageway with a Mini Cooper, once we finally went different ways at a junction the driver gave me a wave and a thumbs up. We were both grinning away to ourselves [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

    Nice to know that there are other likeminded drivers out there, apart from the people on this forum of course [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img].

    Christian

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    570

    Re: Isn\'t it great when...

    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

  4. #3
    mramage's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    514

    Re: Isn\'t it great when...

    Yeah, I had a Passat T-red-DI in hurry the other day and I was in bit of a mood so I blasted past over 100K(ph) and then slowed a little further up. They continued and past me (dual carriageway), but we both had some fun on the next roundabout.

    Both keeping good distance, just having a litle fun.
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif[/img]

  5. #4
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    72

    Re: Isn\'t it great when...

    Exactly what happened to me yesterday... Some guy in a Porsche 911 all up the A406 we were sprinting..sometimes he couldnt keep up as I was in front, just as I turned off in North London as I hate going through the A406, I didnt see him anymore and thought oh well.. bout 20 mins later caught in traffic getting on the M1, bout 2 miles up on the M1, there he is again in my rear view mirror... we both cane it till I come of the exit in Watford which he does too.. Im thinking.. is he the Po following me but it was a left hooker. As we get to the top of the exit at the lights he's right beside me and says, If I knew you'd be that quick, I'd have asked for a lift.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif[/img] He then asks... fcuk me!! what you got in that?? It is deceivingly quick, you wouldnt have thought it could be! Just tell him... he's lucky I'd rather have a porsche as well... we say our goodbyes wave at each other, big smile on my face... the S didnt let me down again.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

  6. #5
    AL_B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Warrington, Northwest England
    Posts
    1,564

    Re: Isn\'t it great when...

    Yeah, it is good. Its happened in the past, but not happened since getting the S3. Then again, I haven't had many "races" in the S3.

    AL

  7. #6
    Mo-S3's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    703

    Re: Isn\'t it great when...

    AL is that coz your geeting old now ?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

  8. #7
    AL_B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Warrington, Northwest England
    Posts
    1,564

    Re: Isn\'t it great when...

    Hey! Bugger off! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

    There's probably some truth in your statement though, as I don't drive like a lunatic (e.g. S3Bangs [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ) very often these days. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    Most challenges I get are from:-

    - people who don't know what an S3 is, so challenge you in their plod-along car. Easy meat.
    - reps in their mondeo's / vectra's. Easy meat.


    AL

  9. #8
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    38

    Re: Isn\'t it great when...

    Oh well, it's my last week in Holland after 10 months!
    I like it over here cause when I've raced someone, they've all put their thumbs up, waved etc...it's cool. If only it was like that more in the UK!

  10. #9
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    72

    Re: Isn\'t it great when...

    [ QUOTE ]
    AL B said:
    I don't drive like a lunatic (e.g. S3Bangs [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )

    AL

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Hey Old Man!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]... I only drive it like I stole it thank you... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

  11. #10
    gtdog's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Solent
    Posts
    194

    Re: Isn\'t it great when...

    I had a wonderful run with a Boxter today coming back from Poole on the A32. Supprised him by staying in front, later on I passed the Baton to a Guy driving a red RS4 avant (Lovely lovely lovely!) who dropped a gear and left everyone on the planet for dead! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif[/img]

  12. #11
    Sucemabite

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Route Napoleon, Var
    Posts
    342

    Re: Isn\'t it great when...

    [ QUOTE ]
    S3Bangs said:
    He then asks... fcuk me!! what you got in that?? It is deceivingly quick, you wouldnt have thought it could be!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    So what have you got in there other than a bag of best pommes frites? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

  13. #12
    jamesa's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    54

    Re: Isn\'t it great when...

    [ QUOTE ]
    S3Bangs said:
    Exactly what happened to me yesterday... Some guy in a Porsche 911 all up the A406 we were sprinting..sometimes he couldnt keep up as I was in front, just as I turned off in North London as I hate going through the A406, I didnt see him anymore and thought oh well.. bout 20 mins later caught in traffic getting on the M1, bout 2 miles up on the M1, there he is again in my rear view mirror... we both cane it till I come of the exit in Watford which he does too.. Im thinking.. is he the Po following me but it was a left hooker. As we get to the top of the exit at the lights he's right beside me and says, If I knew you'd be that quick, I'd have asked for a lift.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif[/img] He then asks... fcuk me!! what you got in that?? It is deceivingly quick, you wouldnt have thought it could be! Just tell him... he's lucky I'd rather have a porsche as well... we say our goodbyes wave at each other, big smile on my face... the S didnt let me down again.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    It happens in Aus as well, but the look of shock (and horror) as a little hatchback devours the big displacement Holden and Ford V8s is priceless! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    S3bangs, you around Herts are you? When I was in the UK, I used to live not far from Elstree... you anywhere near there?

    -- james

  14. #13
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    466

    Re: Isn\'t it great when...

    I raced a Yamaha 750 something on the A46 yesterday morning, got up to 120 km/h and he didn't get passed, think he must have enjoyed the noise [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

  15. #14
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    72

    Re: Isn\'t it great when...

    [ QUOTE ]
    jamesa said:
    S3bangs, you around Herts are you? When I was in the UK, I used to live not far from Elstree... you anywhere near there?

    -- james

    [/ QUOTE ]
    James,

    I actually live around the docklands area but work in Watford... Saying that, our head office is in Elstree, so am always there at least once a week mate

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO