Tyres?

Moresauce

Reaction score
Website
www.planet-audi.net
Time for some new rubber( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) so what do people think?

I was going to go for Toyo's seems they have a good lifespan, are awesome in the wet and relatively cheap.

Any reason why I shouldn't or should go for them?

Foggy, that's a great price for the Eagle F1's - who quoted you and is this for the GSD-3?

mytyres.net, who tend to be one of the cheapest out there have quoted £115 each inc. Vat

Bracknell Tyre and Battery, in Bracknell funny enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

01344 411323

just check the tyre pressure before you leave !!! had 40 psi in one of mine !!

mytyres.com looks like a nice site. Costs are fairly competitive too i suppose...just a shame their tyre advice bit recommends the wrong tyre sizes for the S3....

Car manufacturer: Audi [change]
Car model: S3 QUATTRO 1.8 T,8 L,09.00- . [change]
The following tyres have been found: 205/55R16 91H M+S Search for tyres

Its the details that i look for though...

Have to agree with you there Hopsta.
Mind you I think that should be a given every time someone does any work with your tyres, they have no idea what pressure to put in. I mean my RSTT's put on a TT need 30 psi IIRC, whereas on mine they recommened pressure is 36 psi ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Good call Foggy, thanks, I'll try them

I recently bought 4 new Toyo's (225/45's) through Selecta Tyre (found them on the Toyo website) for £335 inc VAT and everything else..... very cheap and fantastic tyres. Thin I have done about 2k on them now and they have fantastic grip.

I a little worried about wear, but I need to confirm this. My gf has a 206 GTi and I got her 2 Toyo's (fronts) to test them out (hehehe) before I bought them.

I will check the wear on them tonight. She has done about 6k so far. The car is front wheel drive though and she is a right girl racer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have you got Selecta Tyres contact details - that is so cheap it's actually hard to believe.

Goto Toyo's Website and click 'Find Dealer'. As I live in the Nottingham area, I used a dealer in Newark (Selecta Tyre), they were the first company that I rang and I like the price.

There are many other dealers on there and I am sure that the price would be similar. If you decide to use Selecta Tyre in Newark PM me. I know that Selecta Tyre have a few outlets around the country, should be able to find them through the Toyo site though.

Word of advise, don't get your tracking done through Selecta.

Also, I am sure that Mick and others would vouch for Toyo's and how good they are. Recently in EVO magazine they came 3rd in the tyre test. Goodyear won, but it was on the Goodyear tyre proving track /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Moff

thanks for the recommendation, went over to Select on New Years Eve, got mine for £320.02 for 4, but no tracking, he offered several times, but after hearing about your experience I declined!!

Apparently the price he did for you, and matched for me was wrong, based on £80 each inc VAT, shoul have been £80 + VAT, still good.

My local Toyo dealer in Derby quoted £495 inc Vat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif, it was worth driving 50 miles to save £175!!

Good job you declined the tracking, he totally screwed mine up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I had to go to the Nottingham Wheel Alignment Centre and get it sorted, and they were ****** good. Audi were going to charge me up to £170 to fix and all was done for £35 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Good price that you got there though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Any idea how far out your alignment was out prior to Selecta screwing with it ??

I just wonder because both my fronts were scrubbed on the inner and outer edges. Spoke to the Dealer (John Fox), Steve the service Manager who doesn't seem to ******** me said it was quite normal tyre wear, called it 'Quattro Scrub' Wondering for the sake of £35 to go have it checked.

My Bridgestone (RE040's) did the same, and I read that excuse on here a few months ago.

My tires wore really bad on the o/s, so asked Selecta to check. I think they used the wrong settings so I don't know how far out they were if at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Nottingham Wheel Alignement Centre are really very good. A 1yr old Porsche 996 was waiting behind me, so that sorta convinced me. They also used a good system with a program for S3's. The alignment is now spot on and I will check the outer and inner wear over the next few thousand miles.

thats it, I'm convinced.

How long does it take ?

no worries about the name, been called much worse!!

Could have sworn I had 5 stars a minute ago!!

[ QUOTE ]
Bracknell Tyre and Battery, in Bracknell funny enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

01344 411323

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's where I get my F1s from, can't recommend them enough (the tyres & the fitting shop)! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I got my Tyres from Bracknell Tyres (Eagle F1's) 2 days ago!

Tim there is the daddy!!!

I too would recommend them been going there for years and tried other places but just dont come close.

Alex thats a bit far to go for tyres isn't it? How long does it take from our neck of the woods? Am looking for 3 RE040s PDQ at the mo.

Cheers

Inigo
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Inigo...

For the price they sell em, I dont think its too far.. Im thinkin of popping in there on my way to the next windsor meet to change my 2 rear tyres at £86.95 inc of VAT per tyre Eagle F1's GSD 3's.. I think its a bargain.. the recommended dealer round my way quoted me £125.43.. Now if that isnt a rip off, I dont know what is!

As for the RE 040's I honestly wouldnt bother as they're pants in my opinion.

So Tony, what are you saying i should go for???
Could be tempted to go for 4 if the price is good.

Inigo

K... Cost is not a determining factor so this is my unbiased opinion and what Ive done and will now do.

I changed my factory fit fronts RE040's bout October(Cost £270) to the same but have noticed that in the wet weather, they're very prone to sliding and the grip isnt that good, cars always twitching in the wet.. that is with lots of thread on them.. Also changed the drivers side front over Xmas to another RE040 just for uniformity and nothing else as a key went through it.. (Cost £130)..

Now with all the reviews I've read and from looking at other members cars on here and listening to their experiences, I have two choices in mind.. The Bridgestone F1's or the Toyo Proxes

Now Bracknell tyres quoted me £86.95 per tyre for the F1's incl of VAT, the recommended dealer round my way quoted me £125.43 per tyre incl VAT, Cant remember the exact price for the Toyo's from Bracknell but was around the £80 region while the same tyre from the Toyo dealer round my way was £134.43 incl VAT..

From the prices Ive been quoted, make your mind up.. Even though my RE040's in front are still new, I still wouldn't mind changing all four tyres at the price I'm getting them

Hmm..reckon there would be more of a discount if we clubbed together and bought 8? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lol i sound like a right Steptoe but I can't help it - whenever i need tyres I just get this urge to negotiate to the end heheheh. Always satisfying to know that you've saved yourself some cash by negotiating.

Heard a kwikfit ad this morning on the radio saying they have a "sale" on...gonna call them up later and see what they say lol should be good. But prepared to do the bracknell thing...i need to sort my tyres out this weekend...

Cheers

Inigo

Are we talking Proxes T1 Plus or the full-on V tread T1-S's??

Cheers

Do we know what market rate is for these?

[ QUOTE ]
Alex thats a bit far to go for tyres isn't it? How long does it take from our neck of the woods? Am looking for 3 RE040s PDQ at the mo.

Cheers

Inigo
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my g/f lives in West London so it's basically a blast along the M4, doesn't take long at all even from Finchley, go early on a Saturday morning as they get v.busy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyone got any experience with P Zeros??? Comments appreciated. Whats the model designation for the Goodyear F1s? i.e. are there different types of F1s??

Am trying to sort this out today.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Goodyear Eagle F1's GSD 3's I think theyre called.. also have the V tread pattern.. I have no idea about the PZeros but wouldnt mind hearing more about them too.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD 3's are the latest. When I was looking to buy new tyres I remember asking a similar question on the old as.net about the Pirelli's and they never good reviews. Apparently they have very poor wear, but that needs confiming.

I thought that TT's with 18" RSTT's came standard with Pirelli P-Zero's? If they do there should be a few out there with knowledge.

Either P-Zero's or Michelin's or whatever they have in stock.

Sorry I can't help as I got my aftermarket RSTT's with Eagle F1s.

Well glad I posted...going for the Toyo's for definate now but just a decsion between the tread patterns. I do mainly fast road driving on motorways or country lanes,look for a good all rounder so which tyre pattern is the full on V tread the way to go?

Anyone know the average life of Toyo's?

I thought the only decent tyre Toyo did was the Proxies T1-S.

Not heard anything at all about the T1-Plus...

I'm getting the T1-S on my RSTT replicas in a few weeks... can't wait!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Neal.