1st NW Meet of 2013

Tay

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've taken the hit and I'm going to arrange a little meet for people to put names to faces etc.

Proposed Meet:
Friday 28th June 2013 - Around 8pm - but this is flexible and can change it depending on what people want to do.

Krispy Kremes at Trafford Centre (or nearby depending how busy it is there).

There are a few options/ideas people have had for where/what to do. But as a first meet my logic was to put pretty central for most of the NW section.

What to do:
Again depends on people's preferences... Food, Chat, Take Photos, Drive. If I can remember correctly there's a good tunnel a short drive away thats always a laugh to drive through and film.

Everyone that's up for it put your name down below and we'll see if we can get enough interest.

Reactions: Turbo jay, Sandra and Benisere
Count me in chris, loving the idea of the tunnel, looking forward to it.
1. Tay - s3
2. Turbo Jay - 2.0tfsi

Last edited:
Gutted wont be able to make this one if the date changes let me know otherwise catch you guys at the next one!

Gutted wont be able to make this one if the date changes let me know otherwise catch you guys at the next one!

If a lot of people can't make it we will change the date to suit everyone, it's not set in stone :)

Reactions: Benisere
I also would love a scan via vcds / Diagnostic please. :sign_plug:

:wub: lol

1. Tay - s3

2. Turbo Jay - 2.0tfsi
3. Joe (2002 Bam 225 (Ming Blue S3)

Room for a BMW? :)
Image . :whistle2: Only joking mate, yea more the merrier.

Nathan, it's short notice so don't worry. Hopefully we will plan another meet.

Graeme, of course there's room for your BMW :)

Thanks to Sandra for spreading the word!

Reactions: Sandra
Right as there's a few people now who can't make it on the planned date what's everyone's opinion on moving it back a week to Fri 5th July? Or even Sunday 7th?

I'm on leave tomorrow for a week until the 30th, but after that I won't have much chance to make anything as my camps 240miles away in Dorset and I don't get another leave until September, so have a good time guys and I'll see you at the next one, my cars only standard atm so atleast it will have had work done to it by the time the next one comes around :)

Right as there's a few people now who can't make it on the planned date what's everyone's opinion on moving it back a week to Fri 5th July? Or even Sunday 7th?
can't make that m8 it's the weekend of inters, chances are sombody is not going to be able to make it whatever day is set.

Right, sticking to the original date and see who turns up its only a small meet planned really :)

So Friday will probably roll around quickly, ill try and send everyone who said they coming/ considering a PM with my number incase the plans change slightly.

So Friday will probably roll around quickly, ill try and send everyone who said they coming/ considering a PM with my number incase the plans change slightly.
:icon_thumright: what time are you planning on leaving chris as Ill meet up with you on the way.

Just letting you all know that Krispys has got a new manager who's a bit of moron, you may get asked to move :-(

Just letting you all know that Krispys has got a new manager who's a bit of moron, you may get asked to move :-(

I'm buying donuts so he can't :) but if they decide to be pathetic then there's plenty of places to park up around there.

I'm buying donuts so he can't :) but if they decide to be pathetic then there's plenty of places to park up around there.

You're better off using the car park at Costco next door as its a lot bigger and you'll be left to your own devices.

STUPID QUESTION ALERT !!!!

Where is the Krispy Kremes in the Trafford Center ??

The KK store Locator, comes up with

Manchester Selfridges Trafford - Kiosk
Selfridges Manchester Trafford
1 The Dome, The Trafford Centre, Manchester
M17 8DA

Does that mean you park in the TC Carpark then , wander round Selfridges looking for a Doughnut ???

STUPID QUESTION ALERT !!!!

Where is the Krispy Kremes in the Trafford Center ??

The KK store Locator, comes up with

Manchester Selfridges Trafford - Kiosk
Selfridges Manchester Trafford
1 The Dome, The Trafford Centre, Manchester
M17 8DA

Does that mean you park in the TC Carpark then , wander round Selfridges looking for a Doughnut ???

Its opposite the outside entrance to Selfridges, next to Asda and Costco.

Like I said earlier, I live in Manchester & wouldn't use the car park at Krispy Kremes. Best is to use the car park at Costco which is a LOT bigger, you'll be left to your own devices & can walk across if someone wants donuts.

Anyway, I'm not organising it, just a suggestion due to local knowledge etc.

Mike

Taking Mike's advise and from personal experience too I think we will move to the Costco Carpark next door.

Address for this is:

Barton Dock Road,
Trafford Park,
Manchester,
M41 7PP.

Anyone planning on going drop me a PM and ill send you my number incase anything changes or your turning up later on.

Really hope the weather improves by then, been told the rain will pass at some point on Friday.

I might come down too but wary of it being like some chavy kids meet and/or a sword fest....
Anyone bringing any decent birds? :)

Yep, still happening as in Post #31.

Enjoy gents hope it's drier through there than here hopefully ill make the next one

Any banter from last night?

Except that most NW members are afraid of rain, not really no! Lol

Because of the weather only two of us turned up, spotted a couple of RS4's on Krispy Kreme's, saw the local cruise and a BMW drifting around a roundabout in the middle of shopping traffic!

Oh nightmare there seemed to be quite a bit of interest too! Maybe change of location would help? Or just the fact the weather was pants but nothing can be done about that! Hoping to make the next if there's going to be one??

Here's a pic of some beading from the other day ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372598027856238

I bet the turnout would have been different if it were this weekend when it's supposed to be warm and sunny!