Syncronised Mirror Adjustment

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well whilst in one of my mods I have now found that I have syncronised mirror adjustment when the mirror switch is set to the drivers mirror side, now I know this never used to work as I have tested it before when coded in convenience module 46.

I have of course since testing this before upgraded my convenience module & recently my door modules & adjusted wiring to get facelift mirrors working with indicators, now it maybe I have stumbled across a feature that was added now with newer modules or I have crossed a pin somewhere in door modules which I will be checking today, if it is the wiring then stands to reason can be done for anyone.

Whats strange is it does disable when I turn of coding where as before made no difference what state was in.

Now I have convenience module version J & door modules version J, the door modules came out in 08 & the convenience module in 08-09ish.

So can anyone else with a prefacelift 08 & facelift 08 onwards car with the J modules test if they have this feature now, as strange as was only availabel on the MK5 afaik.

Call me curious anyway, just wanna see if its definitely working on others aswell, if not then bonus as wanted this feature.

Last edited:
J version huh?

That`s weird my car has a production date of 6/2008 (one of the last pre-facelift models) and my Convenience module has : Part No: 8P0 959 433 L

About the mirrors, mine work separate would be nice to have this feature. Would you like to check my coding N.?

For all i know my fathers 1998 Passat has it!

Yeah the L was dropped for the J mate, whats your door module version & go try coding the function & see if yours works, in meantime I will check my wiring.

Well now I've finished conversion spreadsheet, I can check/compare wiring, but if it was this then the coding wouldnt make any difference, but coding change seems to disable/enable function so guessing from this, wiring is correct, but will see later.

This may ans a strange thing on my wifes golf, I adjusted the mirrors for the first time in a long while and they both moved (mk5 56 GTTDI ) I know it didn`t do this when we first got it but it did have a update done when it last went to Vw and that might be why its doing this now ?????

I dont get this. Unless you are sitting exactly in the middle of the car ( on the hand brake Nate :) ), what use are synchronised mirrors ?

MK5's always seemed to have this feature, if enabled, so maybe they enabled it for you, go have a check in convenience mate & see what it does when you play with the setting.

MK5's also have mirror lowering on reverse & under mirror lights & for the lesser premium brand than audi in the VAG, you'd expect these features to be defacto on the A3 huh, joke to say the least.

I dont get this. Unless you are sitting exactly in the middle of the car ( on the hand brake Nate :) ), what use are synchronised mirrors ?

If you're reversing into a spot with kerbs either side, into your garage, etc, I can see these being very handy tbh.

Yea but if you are sitting in a different position in relation to the two mirrors will not each one have to adjust to a different angle ? maybe i'm just missing something.........................like common sense :)

My car is a 2010 but i have no idea what the module is but i can confirm that my mirrors ajust independantly using its respective switch position

im with you paddy ! you need them to be adjusted seperately due to sitting nearer to one than the other.
i think nige just mukked up wiring and now has no choice ! lol and rather than go back out in the cold and fix it, thought sod it, ill call it a mod ! lmfao :lazy:

Next it will be...when i go swimming i find all the old ladies swim in sync with me ....does anyone else find this ? should i change my pink swimming hat ?

go and double check wiring nige, youve probably dropped a ******* lmfao

The wiring is 100% correct & thats the issue here I already dropped a ******* & now kid on the way

(Nate yes with sheep in the back seats) Think about it a bit more Paddy.

Yea but if you are sitting in a different position in relation to the two mirrors will not each one have to adjust to a different angle ? maybe i'm just missing something.........................like common sense :)

Ok dont think about it more & yes you missed common sense mate, lmfao.

Basing the reply on the assumption the original position was correct for both mirrors, when you move your seat, we know both mirrors angles change not just drivers, but they also change by the same degree aswell given seat is only moved back/forth not sideways aswell, so you'd have to move both mirrors the same amount to get the viewing angle the same as before, I've tested the theory & its 100% proven.

My car is a 2010 but i have no idea what the module is but i can confirm that my mirrors ajust independantly using its respective switch position

Doesnt mean anything tbh as yours could be disabled anyway via coding, you not got vagcom?

im with you paddy ! you need them to be adjusted seperately due to sitting nearer to one than the other.
i think nige just mukked up wiring and now has no choice ! lol and rather than go back out in the cold and fix it, thought sod it, ill call it a mod ! lmfao :lazy:

Wrong aswell on all counts, northern monkeys :p

Next it will be...when i go swimming i find all the old ladies swim in sync with me ....does anyone else find this ? should i change my pink swimming hat ?

Thought you were bald so why you need a hat.

As already stated, think about it guys, when you set the mirrors at a set position, then say you move your seat, you move the mirrors the same amount to get the same viewing angle as before, the distance to move is no greater either side unless you move your seat sideways as Paddy seems to do.

Also some info you may or may not be aware of, the mirrors mounts on the sides are not set at equal angles from the get when manufactured, if you look at the mirrors from the front of the car & even do some measurements you will see the alum cast mounts, plastic housing etc etc are at different angles to eachother, pointless if you ask me as they could just make the mirror motors so they can move further outward on 1 side to the other, looks odd to me, not that I look at my car from the bonnet whilst driving, but hey still prefer same each side optically anyway.

Seems the syncronised mirror adjustment wasnt possible on earlier modules even if the label file/vcds showed it listed in long coding, but certainly works now as I can turn it on/off (no smart **** comments)

Last edited:
Do i look bald ?? lmfao

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?93808-S3-Buckets

I think your confusing bald with fat :)

Just one other thought mate....when you switch your wipers on...do your mirrors swing side to side....;) if so, switch your mirrors on when it rains...problem solved ..:bye:

Didnt realise that was actually you, yeap your right :p

That wiper feature is codable aswell mate, but only with the Irish VCDS version

Dont tell me...you thought it was my much younger brother..:)

Let me know when you find a cure for misfire's...

misfire2.jpg

this is my misfire log at start up today, the bottom line reads

58.1 seconds run time ...720rpm......22.6% engine load..248 misfires total ...61/21/43/31/62/30 misfires for cyl 1-2-3-4-5-6
Al most at the point of giving up now......lol

It can be done most a3's if not all of them. I enabled it on my previous A3 which was a 2004

also have it enabled on my 2007 S3, works a treat

Last edited:
Feck me 248 misfires, damn, guess audi havnt advised of any TSB's on this?

It can be done most a3's if not all of them. I enabled it on my previous A3 which was a 2004

Strange as we shared same modules & didnt work on mine no matter what I did, oh well at least you've confirmed another person has it & it works fine, thanks.

Audi havnt a clue mate. It only does it for 1 minute within the first 3 minutes of the first start up of the day then its fine all day.

Thats reassuring then huh, lol.

So of top of head & I cant recall whats been discussed/done to date on the fault?

Nothing mate...no fault codes, just the blocks. I can live with it till i find something else..My local garage has 3 caymans....I just dont fit in them ....lol

Dont even think about starting that Cayman **** on this thread lmfao

Lose weight then, problem solved lmfao

Its losing height thats the problem !!..6ft 4" into caymans dosent go...:)

OK, chop the roof of, be original lmfao

My beama had this, is there any way the A3's can have it too???

Its on my list tbh, requires MORE research & already have a direction to go, cant confirm anything else atm.

In ETKA it shows me that I have J version (my car is 09.2006). If I try the coding it does nothing... So maybe it's the wiring somewhere...
I know it's from a different module but not even the "emergency brake flash" doesn't work...
So maybe Audi run out of some wires :p

No, its not wiring, remember the latest module will always show in etka not the module of that year, unless you have vin lookup, it will show the newest version, so you need to go into vagcom & check before checking etka, then put the part number in & see if its superseded to the newer one.

Audi (according to etka) do seem to be moving over to a single module fits all strategy, obviously to cut costs as making untold different modules just for different spec levels IMHO is just lunacy.

Someone mention lunacy. ? :jump:

Off topic Nige...any idea where the engine temp sender is on a 3.2 ? i have searched elsaWin....with no luck..

Cheers Lea..and there was me thinking it was in the kitchen draw :faint: