Facelift A3 Headlight Switch

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Ok ladies, I know the TT facelift chrome headlight switch is what I can use for my mods & use on my A3 currently, but for my SB, I would like to know from a facelift 8P owner what there headlight switch part number is if they have all the following features on there switch as the 8J2 isnt listed for 8P's, so there must be an 8P alternative, call it curiosity as could very well order the 8J2, but back order atm.

Chrome Trim Knob
Auto Position
Front/Rear Fogs
Coming Home Button
DRL Dial
Interior Lights Dimmer Dial

This headlight switch but obviously RHD, just wanna see for future people & myself what the 8P equivalent is.

A3_TT_Switch.jpg

admit it, you looked at ETKA and saw there are 40 different switches & are going for the easier option :jump:

No mate, not true I have done my research when got my A3 one last year & still comparing features of them 40 ****** switches, but attack it from 3-4 sides then get a 100% answer huh, helps others too as the TT one is always back order.

Anyway keep this thread on track please.

Thanks N8, anything to help us all as 8J2 TT version is always out of stock, I have 2 to order, I think it maybe 8P2 941 531 BJ, but this shows headlight adjustment, but not autoamtic headlight adjustment, arrgghhhhhhh.

I'll check whilst others do please.

Surely your headlight switch will be the same as mine? I can dig out invoice dude?

Chances are mate yours is the 8J2 version tbh as everyone used this, but please have a look at yours in your car & see whats on it, takes 10 seconds to remove it, just push the headlight switch inward, turn it whilst pushed in to the 1st notch, which on yours is auto & then pull it out, it may have 2 labels on there, but its the label stuck to the rounded of edge that is the part number.

I nearly have that switch, except I have manual headlight adustment where the drl bit is .

So i presume that is no good.....

I drove a 10 plate S3 recently. It had the dash light dim wheel but the DRL switch was blanked. It had the raised part where the DRL on off wheel should be. Looked quite strange.

So I guess you can't turn off the LED DRLs. Unless you can do it from the DIS

like this?

!Bndzphg!mk~$(KGrHqYOKjIEtld+u!qiBLjme+y0J!~~_12.JPG

Looks lame to have cut out but no switch etc.

yes thats the one khufu.

Except I have swapped the roller switch part for one that has instrument brightness and manual headlight adjustment. The right wheel isnt labeled now, but I know what it does :)

the 8J2941531E TT version has all these features & its in my A3, but I wanna see whats the A3 equivalent as its definitely available but inconclusive as to which one in etka, as Ewan says about 40 of them.

2NHN: what's the DRL dial switch, I have the same one as Knufu posted... this is new to me :)

So I guess you can't turn off the LED DRLs. Unless you can do it from the DIS

On my switch, which is the same as illustrated but for RHD (with no DRL position or separate switch) I can turn off my LED DRLs (although I cannot think of any reason why I should want to) by putting the switch into the OFF position. This does of course also turn off my Auto Headlights function. As far as I can see there is no method of turning the DRLs off through the DIS on my Sportback.

What dont you get, you dont know what DRL is or what the switch will do?
I've never actually thought about it, but yes, what does the DLR rotary knob do? Is it for the intensity (Or can you make them work like Knight Rider LOL)

Maybe we all need to take a trip to our local showrooms & see if they have one with your requirements Nigel - its only a 2 min job to pull is out LOL (for the code, not to steal LOL)

Turns the DRL's on/off mate, well does on mine with an additional wire to the 09 module.

It would appear that the 8P doesnt have that version of headlight switch, only the TT, but to throw a spanner in the works I am sure Elsa said it was available on facelifts, I'll check later as I wired it from the bible's advice anyway.

OT. Ewan get on msn got something for yer.

Turns the DRL's on/off mate, well does on mine with an additional wire to the 09 module.

It would appear that the 8P doesnt have that version of headlight switch, only the TT, but to throw a spanner in the works I am sure Elsa said it was available on facelifts, I'll check later as I wired it from the bible's advice anyway.

OT. Ewan get on msn got something for yer.

Which switch part number are we talking about. Mine is an 2009 8P faclift Sportback with Adaptive Xenons and LED DRLs and the part number of the lighting switch fitted to me car is 8J2 941 531 B according to the label on the actual switch. According to ETKA this part number is used on the A3/A3 Cabrio and the TT.

I've never actually thought about it, but yes, what does the DLR rotary knob do? Is it for the intensity (Or can you make them work like Knight Rider LOL)

Maybe we all need to take a trip to our local showrooms & see if they have one with your requirements Nigel - its only a 2 min job to pull is out LOL (for the code, not to steal LOL)

yeah that's what I wanted to know what the switch does, so it has a 0 and 1, to turn the DRL's on and off? but why is there the DRL swith on the BIG switch haha don't know if you understand me

Which switch part number are we talking about. Mine is an 2009 8P faclift Sportback with Adaptive Xenons and LED DRLs and the part number of the lighting switch fitted to me car is 8J2 941 531 B according to the label on the actual switch. According to ETKA this part number is used on the A3/A3 Cabrio and the TT.

8J2941531E comes up for the TT, but works 100% on my car & wired the drl's switch in aswell so can switch them on/off at will.

yeah that's what I wanted to know what the switch does, so it has a 0 and 1, to turn the DRL's on and off? but why is there the DRL swith on the BIG switch haha don't know if you understand me

Yes on/off & the DRL position on the main switch is not on every headlight switch for facelift cars, halogens have it & think xenons without auto lights, maybe someone can confirm the drl position is on xenons without auto lights.

Is the conclusion of this thread that the TT switch is the way to go? I ask as h5djr has one in his sportback that ends in a B as appose to Nigel's/N8's TT one that ends E.

Am after one myself...

What a coincidence, just fitted this same switch to mine over the weekend as could not find an 8P equivalent, but there SHOULD be an 8P one surely. Would it make a difference though if it's in 8P or 8J guise though apart from having 8P at the beginning of the part number?

Lol, I've seen them one in a pic of an S3 maybe on this site...

Instead of making a new thread... I have another Q, can the coming home function be set up so the LED's light up instead of main beam upon exit/ entry? :eyebrows:

No need to open new thread, just post in the ch/lh thread.

Have done, do u wanna answer the Q over there then :p lol

is the conclusion of this thread that the tt is the best 1 to go with?or is there a part no for the a3 equivalent? will it allow for just the led drl to be tuned on?

which switch has the most function available?and will it effect coming home lights?