NHN Stronic Gearknob Mod 2 - 8V Stronic to 8P

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well, my mod of the conversion for the dsg side button gearknob, to the newer front button stronic gearknob, should of been patented as it circled the world many times lol.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-pics-s-tronic-shifter-new-s3.html#post740179

So when I saw the new 8V stronic gearknob, I decided, I wonder if it will fit.

20130619_220522.jpg

Excuse the mess & image quality, some mods going on & dust to clean up.

If you have the 09 stronic gearknob fitted already, it should be pnp, fits straight on, but beware of being to forceful, be careful, I cant be held responsible of you damage your gear unit, I can just say it fits on both our 8P's with the mod done previously.

I actually stripped a cheap damaged 8V stronic gearknob down to the bone to check mechanisms, they appeared correct for the need as such & test fitted with just the 8V version chassis, so I could see the internals working away & was happy it find it worked perfectly ok.

Reactions: Pauljamescaton, martinivw, T-800 and 2 others
That's a nice looking mod Nigel! I'll add it to my list of "I wants" for the Autumn & give you shout. :icon_thumright:

Reactions: NHN
A knob that round with no numbers on the top just looks like a useless knob.

Reactions: Cozza McA
DSG drivers don't do it by numbers, Manual drivers can't do it without. :p

Reactions: ANTWAR72 and NHN
Now that's a comeback lmao :)

Reactions: Artimus
Reactions: Cruiser89, J8TT X and Ads
I know Audi is German but I think they're taking it a bit too far now............

kf2w.jpg

Reactions: nluk100, T33_BKD, ShaunS3 and 9 others
After using the gearknob for a day, it is definitely nicer, guessing because the perforated part is on the top which makes the difference & it definitely is more aesthetically pleasing.

In all the years I've been on here I have NEVER seen a proper photo of your car, only close ups of bits of it.

So, give us a look then.....

If you grab all those little bits & put them together, you may have a complete image or not :p