2.0 TFSI very slight wobble on idle - flywheel??

SunnyB

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just looking to see if anyone has had the issue and managed to resolve this.

Car in question is my brothers 2007 a3 2.0 TFSI, about 35000 miles on the clock, full service history.

He's just noticed (after driving a different car for a couple of weeks) a very slight wobble when the engines warm. This would only be on idle and can just about be noticed. TBH, ive noticed something similar on my 97 a3 1.8T 8L that theres a slight wobble when the car comes to idle sometimes and always thought this was kinda normal.

I've read on other posts that the vibrations can be mainly due to the flywheel but noticed a lot of the post are in regards to TDI's rather than petrol turbos.

Just kinda wanted to see if a very very slight wobble (wobble being the best way a can describe it) which doesnt always happen, is something normal on these engines or is likely to be the flywheel or another mechanical issue worth having a garage take a look at the car.

I've got a 2.0 TFSI and mine doesn't wobble on idle at all. My old 2.0 FSI did though. I just left it and it never got any worse or caused any problems for the year that I had it.

I'd check the PCV system, or for any air leaks.