S3 MY12 Panther Build thread: The End; it's been emotional!

Spot on mate.. 19s look amazing and look forward to seeing future progress..

Looks good warren :) caught up on all the up dates.
Like the 19s a lot. Keep up the good work, will be keeping an eye on the updates.

Looks good warren :) caught up on all the up dates.
Like the 19s a lot. Keep up the good work, will be keeping an eye on the updates.

Cheers Ash, good that your back from the cellar ;-)

Next year I'll be able to park alongside you guys at ADI!

P1040089.JPG

warren what is this i see all over your wheels tut tut tut mate

Reactions: warren_S5
warren what is this i see all over your wheels tut tut tut mate

Dirtee stank mate, salt and whatever else the put down with the grit from a trip to Cheltenham on Monday. Soon to be remedied!! Dirtiest it's ever been!

I went to Cheltenham on Thurs and the roads were fine............feeble excuse :)

Looks awesome mate. So was the 11mm OK for the 18s, you just changed them cos of the new 19s?

I went to Cheltenham on Thurs and the roads were fine............feeble excuse :)

T'was proper snow when I went! Wasn't settling on roads, but was on fields / buildings between Swindon/Cirencester. My car looks like its been ceramic coated!

Looks awesome mate. So was the 11mm OK for the 18s, you just changed them cos of the new 19s?

With rear screw removed from top of arch, yes!

Lmao:laugh: I did hear about the cellar!! Comical!:laugh:Yes sir:happy:

We were wondering if it was some 'serious gourmet sheeeeet' that had kept you indisposed for about a week!

Dirtee stank mate, salt and whatever else the put down with the grit from a trip to Cheltenham on Monday. Soon to be remedied!! Dirtiest it's ever been!
haha i wont post a photo of mine then you would die of shock lmao , dirty isn't the word man

good stuff warren, 5mm makes a lovely difference. Going to look into spacers soon to 5mm looks tempting if it makes that slight difference and i can run them daily without rubbing issues.

We were wondering if it was some 'serious gourmet sheeeeet' that had kept you indisposed for about a week!

Haha yeah I ended up with my mate and Fran texting me about it :laugh:
Have a slightly better phone so just using the Internet on here. What's next on the list of mods?

Haha yeah I ended up with my mate and Fran texting me about it :laugh:
Have a slightly better phone so just using the Internet on here. What's next on the list of mods?

Eibachs Pro spring kit 25mm drop, but I'm toying with changing colour of front & rear diffusers. Good to have you back bud!

Warren... As per usual, I bow down on your S3 awesomeness!

Wish I had an S3 now :/ ha

Cheers pal. You've still got a great car mate so you're not far off an S3.

Not sure on your wrapping idea Warren. I agree though that doing it Black will lose the detail. The Grey front splitter matches the rear valance bit, so if you were to wrap one, then I'd say you'd have to do t'other?

Either that or just remove the front part altogether? I've always thought the S3 might look more aggressive with the Grey bar removed; just never gotten down to see if it's just screwed on.

Oh, if we're comparing general mankiness, then you can't read my rear number plate right now, it's just blended into the rest of the brownish rear!

Nice attention to detail Warren.
Offset on the 8P's is a big hate for me also so every little biut closer to sitting flush is worth it.
Is going to look fantastic once you are lowered.

On a side note, you have got me worried about rubbing with my recently installed 12mm rear spacers.
It's ok now but I know it will rub once the car is laden (and lowered).
Hopefully the arch screw removal will help.

Eibachs Pro spring kit 25mm drop, but I'm toying with changing colour of front & rear diffusers. Good to have you back bud!

Looking forward to seeing it dropped :happy: What colour you thinking of fella?
Also saw on the thread you sent me a email sorry not replied not checked them in ages and thanks for the concern :happy: :thumbsup:

Don't get too happy mate, I'm sticking you back in there soon. :happy:

:lmfao:
I promise to behave this time Dad. Please dont put me back in the cellar i've learnt my lesson :p

What colour you thinking of fella?

Not sure, was toying with the idea of S3 mirror silver, RS3 alu, or carbon. Until I make up my mind I'll be doing nothing!

Just noticed this morning the rear is still rubbing, even with screw out; ahhhh feck!

:lmfao:
I promise to behave this time Dad. Please dont put me back in the cellar i've learnt my lesson :p[/QUOTE]

Not sure, was toying with the idea of S3 mirror silver, RS3 alu, or carbon. Until I make up my mind I'll be doing nothing!

Just noticed this morning the rear is still rubbing, even with screw out; ahhhh feck!

Sound like some good choice to pick from. I'd go for carbon myself as i do like how moody your car looks now. But saying that i would be interesting to see the other two colours as well. Some one needs to do a good photoshop :)
Not good whats the et on your alloys? They 8J, 8.5J or 9J?

Sound like some good choice to pick from. I'd go for carbon myself as i do like how moody your car looks now. But saying that i would be interesting to see the other two colours as well. Some one needs to do a good photoshop :)
Not good whats the et on your alloys? They 8J, 8.5J or 9J?

ET50 8j with 235/35/19s

Is the rubbing only on the rear? Have you thought about changing tyres size? As it will only get worse once you lowers it.

Yup, just the back. Thinking of changing rear spacers for 3mm from 5mm. Put 5's on front.

Only fronts will be lowered as I'm going Eibachs Pro kit which are 2 front springs. Rears stay as is. Money money money.....

Changing the colour of the front and rear diffusers...mmm sure I've heard that from somewhere :whistle2:

Keep us posted on the spacers as i'm watching with intent as might need to do this with mine too once it's back and the new 'soup herb' alloys are on, although I'm going to try them first without.

:slap: I'm still waiting for your entry in the comp :p

Ah, so you still have the spacers in the rear? I thought I'd read that you'd taken them out. Obviously dreamt it! So 19's without spacers then I'm guessing there would be no rubbing issues?

Obviously dreamt it! So 19's without spacers then I'm guessing there would be no rubbing issues?

They only went in on Monday as a test exercise. Aye, I'm going to try a 3mm on back, and if still rubs then they're out. I'll try the 5's on the front so they're not wasted! I'm going to try inflating tyres a bit more first as they look soft and squigy which isn't helping!

Of course you put spacers in, I ****** commented on them!! Ignore me mate, been a long week. lol

Try 36 f/39 r

Why are these tyre pressures so far from the recommended pressures in the driver's side door? I though the front should be higher because there is more weight over it

Fair shout Cheese, I tend to run slightly lower tyre pressures than Audi suggest as I like my spine and I tend to find they wear unevenly on their suggested pressures.

In this kind of weather I'm not sure whether its best to maintain pressures, increase or decrease.

February modification: Engine cover

After much deliberation and fannying about I've decided on an engine cover that will hide much of the jiggery pokery thats going on in the bay.

I'm sticking with the stock S3 cover, and as you can see in this one pictured below. Acquired one off the bay for £55, so I'm going to cut it down so that the CAI hoses can pass neatly round the side / back. I've never thought the S3 lump was a thing of beauty, so I'm glad to be covering it back up.

cover.jpg

I'm tempted to either spray the black plastic gloss black, or wrap it in 3M Di-noc vinyl. Deciding on that in the next day or so. As for the grey coloured section, unsure as to what to do with it yet, may just clean it up.

Hopefully will arrive for the weekend so I can get the dremmel out and start cutting. Then the CAI can go on!

Last edited:
I've had my spare cover sat in the garage for months, never got round to trimming it. Think it'll be high on the list for when I'm home since I've already got the parts so basically a free mod!

Wanted one for ages but they go for good money. As I'm only using it as a plastic plank I wasn't prepared to pay £100 for it.

Got a tidy one for £55 with MAF, TIP pipe, DV hose and clips. Patience is a virtue!