My Mauritious Blue S-Line Conversion

B

Baffles

Hi all,

So I originally bought my A3 from Audi in summer last year - and since have been pretty frustrated that I didn't buy the newer single grille look and some of the other S-Line styling features. I came across this forum when I was researching what upgrades I could make to the car. Thanks to Ads and a few other members I saw how it was possible to change the front end look of the car and bring it up to date a bit..

I love Mauritious Blue Pearl - especially in the sun, and am also quite keen to keep the blue / chrome look. I'm trying to keep the car looking as OEM as possible as I'm sure I'll end up trading it in for a better model in a few years time :)

It came with a good amount of extras - full leather, rain and light sensors, cruise control, iPod connection, storage pack and full climate. I'm not looking to make it the complete pimp-mobile as I have to be practical and drive it most days.

So here's the original photos from the website listing of how it looked when I bought it:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Here's the car at home with one very proud owner:

4.jpg

So now on to the mods. The first was not exactly an S-Line part, but easy and striking none the less; MY09 lights. They look so much better than the previous type, and glad to see they were just a straight swap. Since learning of the MY11 update - I'll be swapping for those again soon. Pictured is old vs new:

5.jpg

There we have it:

6.jpg

I was due for some new tyres - and thought what the hell - might as well get new alloys as I wasn't really a fan of the generic sport ones. My favourite alloys ever on an Audi are on the A5; so bought some of them. Old vs new:

7.jpg

8.jpg

Next up was the mod which makes the most difference to the car - the S-Line front. I thought about sourcing all the bits seperately but for £350 on eBay ended up buying a complete front bumper, grille, fogs and surrounds. May not have been the cheapest purchase, but saved a lot of bother that's for sure. I made sure I bought a bumper with washer jets as I may look in to Xenons in the future.

So I went to a few body shops and compared prices, and found a decent deal down in Southampton. I bought a new bonnet as this was the only other part required. As some of you may know I had an issue with them where they stated they needed to take the front cross beam off to fit the new bumper - but this got sorted in the end.

Out with the old and in with the new:

.9jpg

10.jpg

And fresh out the garage:

11.jpg

It felt like Christmas as a child that day :)

The difference it makes to the car is incredible, and without fail the best mod anyone can do to a split grille A3.

Went out today for a drive and stopped by Frensham Ponds for a little photoshoot..

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

..combines my two favourite hobbies - photography and Audi :)

And yes it was a stunning day today:

24.jpg

25.jpg

Further plans I hear you ask?

I bought a facelift rear bumper last week, but am just in the process of seeing if it will fit as the bit where the tailgate closes has an 8P7 part number on it despite definitely being the three door bumper..

I've also ordered a S-Line spoiler from Stoke Audi (not a fan of the Votex), as well as the S-Line diffuser and inserts. Both practically never come up on eBay these days.

I've made a couple of interior mods already but will cover them once the rear is complete.

Thanks to everyone who has given me help and advice already, and let me know what you think so far! Glad to be here..

Cheers,

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF and bug
That's impressive,thanks for sharing

Nice build thread mate sline is the way to go love the wheels
if your gonna have sline badges on get the rear bumper quick.

Last edited:
Looking good baffles, can tell your pleased hope you enjoy it! out of interest how much did your spoiler cost you from stoke Audi? Pm me if you wish not to post. Thanks mate

I may have an s line 10 rear bumper for sale very soon, oh and I'm local if you are near frensham ponds? Mine is the same colour too so we could compare!

Good job matey.

I may have an s line 10 rear bumper for sale very soon, oh and I'm local if you are near frensham ponds? Mine is the same colour too so we could compare!

Good job matey.

Hows that for landing on your feet

Looking good mate, 100000% better. I really like that colour too.
The s-line spoiler and facelift rear bumper will finish the car off nicely....

........with some nice eibach sportline springs! :eyebrows:

Good job matey.

I bought a facelift rear bumper already - just solving a little query with it though - feel free to help!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...183-s-line-front-bumper-conversion-issue.html

Looking good mate, 100000% better. I really like that colour too.
The s-line spoiler and facelift rear bumper will finish the car off nicely....

........with some nice eibach sportline springs! :eyebrows:

They will! Yaah will look in to lowering in a bit..

Reactions: rahiem45
Looks good mate well done with the conversion. Just need to drop it low now! lol

Reactions: Baffles
Car looks well bud, nice colour too.

Reactions: Baffles
First of all, great pic's, Frensham ponds is beautiful and i recognised it from the first pic! Love it there when I'm up in that neck of the woods. Love the mods too, great looking car, I've always loved that shade of metallic blue, looks so much better than my wishy washy Akoya silver. Totally agree that you need to do the S-Line rear bumper to finish off. Hope to do similar to mine when funds allow, or swap her for the real deal!

So a few more developments:

New Polarg rear number plate lights which are awesome.

26.jpg

Here's the facelift rear bumper I'll be putting on shortly:

27.jpg

And an exciting package arrived today from Stoke Audi:

28.jpg

Rear S-Line diffuser and spoiler.

29.jpg

I see they sent me the diffuser with what looks like a removable panel for a tow bar? Not too much of an issue but would have prefered one with out, if that exists?

For those of you who have added an S-Line spoiler to a non S-Line car - how much of the lugs do you have to cut off? Looks like they will need to be removed right to the base for the bonding tape to be flush..?

Thanks in advance!

Nice S-Line conversion, specially in mauritius blue :) Keep up the good work.

I kinda like those alloys on your mauritius blue A3, are the wheels 18" and straight swap from A5 to A3? I dont think they will go too well on my Lava Grey SB though.

Looks fantastic, love the colour! I did the single grille conversion but got the standard bumper and i'm now thinking of going S-Line front and rear, just baught some new alloys so i'l be posting pictures of my 54 plate sport tommorow!

looks nice mate am so tempted to do this myself but as so many people are doing it I'm not going to lol don't worry i won't mention you 4x4 stance my car was waaaaaay up there too before i got me coilovers lol

Just do it Fran stop trying to be different lol your red with s-line will look very very nice.

£219.. so not cheap but looks better than the Votex version imo. Impossible to find one on eBay lately.

Thanks mate.

One just came up and sold for £210 with postage what is the point when you can get it bran new from Audi for £9 more lol.

the car looks really nice and its taking a perfect shape!
as for the s-Line spoiler when i fitted mine to my Sportback i had to cut off the 2 outer lugs and kept the middle lug as that fitted into brake light area i had when i removed the brake light (sportback brake lights are slightly different from 3doors) but i can see you dont have the middle lug on yours so you will just have to remove the lugs and bond it down.
also i totally removed the lug so it sat flat on the rear hatch.

here is the thread i created when i did my spoiler:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/96705-sportback-spoiler-fitting.html

Just do it Fran stop trying to be different lol your red with s-line will look very very nice.
lol nothing like a bit of peer pressure eh lmao , well I've been saying it for a good while now i want to do it but not had chance to yet maybe thats all inn saying

lol nothing like a bit of peer pressure eh lmao , well I've been saying it for a good while now i want to do it but not had chance to yet maybe thats all inn saying

Coming from the guy who is saying my car looks like a 4x4 lol! :arco:

where did you pick up your wheels mate? what was price, will PM if you dont want to put it out on forum

i won't mention you 4x4 stance my car was waaaaaay up there too before i got me coilovers lol

I'll let you off :wub:

I will eventually go lower but I'm scared of buggering up the underside of it on the ****e Surrey roads. Already had the undertray replaced in the last service as it had been worn to the point of cracking... and it's not like i drive wrecklessly lol!

I'll let you off :wub:

I will eventually go lower but I'm scared of buggering up the underside of it on the ****e Surrey roads. Already had the undertray replaced in the last service as it had been worn to the point of cracking... and it's not like i drive wrecklessly lol!
ah see i quote myself " I'm not going to mention your 4x4 stance " see no mention of it lmao , mine hits the floor from time to time mostly the leon cupra R splitter and a few times the subframe but that is a rare thing , if you lower it a bit you won't have a single problem matey its only if you go extreme lows thats when you start doing damage

Cool. Priorities are the rear and a MFSW.. so will see after those :)

yeah thats cool matey I'm wanting to get new rims (19's) and a rear spoiler by ultimate dubs in march hope i can get it sorted by then I'm gonna keep my eye out for bits tho this year was thinking of doing the sport/standard full frame grill till i can find a s-line bumper then sell the sport/standard bumper to get a few ££ back but we'll see what happens