My 2006 "56" 170 Sport Injectors Fully Being Repalced By Audi FOC!!!

Dannykn9

"Cruise My Ride"
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know, My Sportback 170PD Sport 2.0TDI 2006 "56" plate ,39,000 miles is booked in at Chingford Audi on the 26th of this month to have all the injectors tested and changed including new loom completley free of charge.

After reading many of your horror stories and how much it cost, i decided to phone Audi Customer service on 0800 699888. I explained to them the situation, and that it seems by other people who have the bad experience of their injectors packing in, that Audi were aware that there was a common fault with this problem, especially this engine. Audi surprisingly admitted that yes there is known fault. They asked for my reg, and confirmed that my year and model fell into that timeline.

They told me to take my car to Chingford Audi for a booking, and to ask Chingford to call them to confirm that Audi UK will be covering the cost.
Audi Chingford and Audi UK, both told me that first they will check the injectors to see if there are any faults, and even if they don't find any, but see the injectors have the old part number, as a precaution, they will still change ALL FOUR injectors and Loom to insure I do not experience any trouble in the future.

Pretty good all round service from AUDI if you ask me!

NOW...my only concern is that I have a remap, and that if Audi spot this, they may cancel the claim and sting me with the hefty 2K bill. AmD Essex, assured me 100% that they will not be able to trace the map or even see the flash count, but did say that if they are changing all injectors that they will likely do a software update anyhow, which will overide the remap. But that would not be such a problem as they have the remap file so could easily flash my ECU again, but they would need to tweak it abit because of the new software from Audi, and they would only charge a small fee to re-do this.

My question is, has anyone had there injectors changed under warranty, re-call etc and left the remap on with no issues from Audi, and did it get wiped off with a software update.

I am thinking maybe just get the stock map back on to be safe. Would rather pay 50-60 quid to have the remap put back on than have to fork out 2K to Audi when they decide half way through the job that there is a remap!!
AmD assured me the flash count would show up as Zero and show no faults as they now have software that hides all their flash data within the ECU!

I will keep you all posted once the car is done and I get it back.

UPDATE!!!

Right all, just to let you know, I have her back after being in for three days with chingford audi. They checked all my injectors and although no faults were found, because they were the ones with the part numbers known to have problems, they still changed all four injectors and loom to the latest ones to avoid any future problems. Happy days!!

My advice to you all, is if you have the 170PD from around 2006-2007 or around that time, call Audi Uk and voice your concern as they are now fully aware of the situation. They will get you to make a booking at your local dealer.

Think they have not made this public as it would cost them thousands on a recall. If the customer does not know about this problem then Audi will be more than happy for you to fork out a 2k plus bill!!

Thanks all

how did you go about the remap mate. i too have my car booked in for the injectors changing.

Went back to AmD Essex and they put my original map back on although they promised it was not traceable either way. The software they use don't even show a flash count on the ecu.

Good to hear all is good Danny, i'm getting mine done FOC too. It was booked for this morning but had to rebooked because you took the last batch this week (damn you..!! :D ), apparently according to the guy at the service desk "there is a shortage of injectors at the moment due to the influx of owners getting them replaced on recall, ooops erm.... certain issues".

Haha, sorry Mikey but I beat you on this one, lol.
I am gonna install my lights tomorrow, but still come over Sunday and we can attempt to wire the other way.

UPDATE:
Just got my TDI 170 back after leaving it with Chingford Audi for 2 days to replace all injectors and wiring loom, free of charge of course. My thanks Dannykn9 - for giving me a ride there, top man. It feels a lot smoother and responsive.

Excellent service overall, kept me updated andhttp://www.audi-sport.net/vb/members/57701/dannykn9.html even washed and hoovered it..!!
Well recommended.