BI-XENON WIRING

khan_1212

Reaction score
My car came as standard halogen headlights. I have installed bi-xenon headlights with Kufatec adapter in my A3 2007. I have to feed the wires throught the firewall. Can anyone tell me the best location to feed the wires through? Any pictures with be a great help

Thanks

you would need to run it up to the wipers and under the scuttle panel, and into a panel that feeds the wires into the cabin:

4f0d9d96.jpg

68d89ddd.jpg

6a1fe236.jpg

72e0aa73.jpg

103bf058.jpg

406a4e82.jpg

that would then let you get the wires to the CE module

Thanks for yor reply and pikz. Much appreciated. How do i remove the whole wiper arm so that i can take off the scuttle panel?

Just unscrew it. IIRC there is a cover which you remove and then a bolt that needs to be undone. the wiper will need to be wiggled pretty hard as it gets stuck there but use a reasonable amount of strength and wiggle the ****** off.

You need to seal the area as you would be making a hole through that panel to feed wires if it doesnt have any there atm, I have used this area & not found existing, so sealed up with sikaflex, left to dry over night then continued to run wiring through to relevant location.

Also make sure you fix the wires down properly as the wiper system may catch & rip it out, always better safe than sorry.

Thanks for that NHN. Can i ask you where do the 4 loose wires on Kufatec adapter connect to in CE? Which adapter/pins? I wont be using auto-levelling so do i connect all 4 wires or just 2 of them?

i'll be selling the car before the mot runs out and when i sell the car the bi-xenon will come out and the normal halogen lights will go back in :)
would you have any piks or info about where the wiring goes? which connector/pins?

thanks

Any help to where the Kufatec adapter wires go on the CE connector/pins would be much appreciated???

If you have a good look on the ends of the 4 wires it should have the plug and pin locations written on them.

To wire in the high beam shutters, 2 wires go to:
Plug A Pin 5
Plug D Pin 6

To wire in the DRLs, the other 2 wires go to:
Plug A Pin 3
Plug D Pin 3

Now you need to know which wires are the DRLs and which are the shutters, only way of knowing is by reading that bit of writing on the end of the wire

ok i want high beam shutters. would i also need to connect the DRL'S wires if i wanted CH/LH activated??

ok i want high beam shutters. would i also need to connect the DRL'S wires if i wanted CH/LH activated??

YES! why would you want to do half a job? if you don't wire it ALL up properly then after coding you will get errors!
besides CH/LH is totally separate from the bi-xenon install... i had that on mine way before i installed xenons or auto lights.

You can always dim the DRLs out if you dont want to use them or just do a proper install and get the updated light switch that replaces the manual level adjuster with the DRL switch so you can turn them on/off.

kool, so i need to connect all 4 wires to the connectors? regardless of using DRL's??

yep just clarifying it.
would you have the coding for the bi-xenon to work properly?

Help needed. Ive taken out connector A but how do i locate pin 3 and 5? there seems to be wires already in those pins? do i take any exsiting wires outfrom the connector and replace them with kufatec wires??

hi mate, your replying here and Pm'ing me?
the pin numbers are on the other side of that block. have a good look at where the pins enter and you will see small numbers on the corners if not beside every pin hole.
if its not on every pin hole then use the numbers on the corners and count your way in.

got the bi-xenon wired up and working. only thing was when i pull the high beam stalk forward the bi-xenon shutters dont work as high beam but instead the the bulb closer to the grill turns on as high beam.
would this be due to coding? if so does anyone have the right coding for bi-xenon with high beam as shutters??

CE module 09
Long coding helper:

Byte 00 Bit 1 ON
Byte 03 Bit 4 OFF
Byte 17 Bit 1 OFF
Byte 21 (Dropdown box) Select option 5 - Bi-xenon with separate DRLs

Finalise and test.