Brake colours

slade777

Reaction score
Hey peeps,

Ive had my car a year now and the Silver (factory painted) brake calipers are looking a bit worse for wear now and could do with some sprucing up. My cars Ice Silver with anthracite alloys.

I did consider just going back to silver but then saw a Turbo S with green brakes which looks amazing imo :hubbahubba:. Would it work on my tiny brakes or should i go back to Silver.

Any other suggestions are welcome please :)

Pic of my alloys
photo-32.jpg

Turbo S 918 Edition
911-turbo-s-edition-918-spyder-profile.jpg

Ive got red on my ibis SB. Green would be nice but you'd prob need a few other green touches to pull it off, just gotta be careful you don't go to far and ruin it

Mine are white and suit the car well IMO. Went for white as I have a few other white touches as said before though.

green is a bit too much mate, yellow is always a good touch on a silver car, a photoshop will determine what colours will suit.

Cheers for the opinions lads.

I did think green was a bit out there but after Seeing that Porsche fell in love. Shame my brakes are half the size :(.

The only saving grace I suppose is they are easy to repaint.

More opinions are welcome and if any whiz kids are out there that can use photoshop be really appreciated

Cheers for the opinions lads.

I did think green was a bit out there but after Seeing that Porsche fell in love. Shame my brakes are half the size :(.

The only saving grace I suppose is they are easy to repaint.

More opinions are welcome and if any whiz kids are out there that can use photoshop be really appreciated

As long as you got the time to paint and re-paint i think its worth a go! you never know may be a winner

to be honest, if your going for an in your face colour you need to be packing some size or imho it will look a bit silly, smudges old TTRS brakes were in green but could pull them off as they are big brakes

personally id stick to a more oem colour

Agree with jungleman. If you've got some big brakes then you can pretty much pull anything off. If they are the standard ones then don't draw attention to the fact. Silver or black.

i would do them black lance mine are black they used to be silver/rust coloured but got bored and painted them black , would go with the black grill on your car too

I'm a bit of a photoshop whiz, studies Design and visual arts at uni.

If you post a side on pic of your wheel with a good shot of the calliper ill mock up a few colours of your choice. :superman:

Thanks mate I'll go take one in a bit when I clean it :)

I just couldnt wait slade777, got too exited :jump:

don't worry I'll still do yours...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

heres one for the ladies, or N8, im sure he likes this colour! :laugh:

6.jpg

I kinda agree with some of the comments about the brakes being a little small, but I think it gives a bit of character to the car.
just do it, they are easy to do!

photo-33.jpg

Heres a photo appreciate if you could do all the above colours on this pic.

I'd keep them a simple black personally, Green would look good on a black on black car but not alot else IMO.

Black or Sliver unless a brake upgrade is present IMO, don't really want to show off standard brakes? Just make them look clean/tidy