Scottish Group Buy - Cruise Control

ton246

if in doubt flat out
Reaction score
As title says, is there enough interest in a group buy to get Cruise Control retro-fitted. I would be up for one being fitted to my '08 S3. A member on here (jb0o) can fit these, using genuine Audi parts, for £149 (to be confirmed). He would be willing to travel up to Scotland, location to be decided, we would just need to cover his fuel costs, so the more people interested the better. Any takers ?

PS, jb0o, please contact any details you will require.

Good thread!

I would also add on a further 10% reduction too, making it £135 each + fuel expenses. Price includes suppy, install and coding.

I can provide Cruise for the following:

A3 8P, A4 B6 & B7, TT 8J.

Lets develop some interest and see where this goes!

Ill keep an eye on this thread if anyone has any questions about the install.

Cheers,
Jonny

This is exactly what I've been looking for! You can put me down as a definite. :)

Paula x

Good thread!

I would also add on a further 10% reduction too, making it £135 each + fuel expenses. Price includes suppy, install and coding.

Cheers,
Jonny

Thanks Jonny, seems like a great deal.

This is exactly what I've been looking for! You can put me down as a definite. :)

Paula x

Paula, keep on eye on the thread, as soon as we have enough, say 5 or 6 people, we can organise a time, date & location.

excellent this is working out for someone on here, one of many MOD's that a lot of people would want on here but don't know what parts are need or where to get VCDS! So spread the word guys, the more people involved the lower the cost of the fuel so worth your while to get others involved as thats how you get to meet people off here (put a face to the username for a change) and your getting an excellent optional extra for a very good price considering this guy is basically coming to you!

excellent this is working out for someone on here, one of many MOD's that a lot of people would want on here but don't know what parts are need or where to get VCDS! So spread the word guys, the more people involved the lower the cost of the fuel so worth your while to get others involved as thats how you get to meet people off here (put a face to the username for a change) and your getting an excellent optional extra for a very good price considering this guy is basically coming to you!

Thanks Smoothie, couldn't have put it any better myself, spot on !

Paula, keep on eye on the thread, as soon as we have enough, say 5 or 6 people, we can organise a time, date & location.

Great stuff Bud, will do. I'm sure there will be quite a few takers for this. Happy to travel wherever to have it done, big thumbs up to you and to JB0o for looking to organise this. :)

Paula x

ton mate have you asked Dave from stoke audi on here for a price? I have already priced the parts coming in at £80 approx so he might be worth trying for a better quote than you already have had.

Whats the estimated fitting time?

£82.16 from stoke audi
You need to make sure the steering ecu part number is 8P0953549 E OR F

I have a diagram showing where to locate the steering ecu if anyone needs it pm me

ton mate have you asked Dave from stoke audi on here for a price? I have already priced the parts coming in at £80 approx so he might be worth trying for a better quote than you already have had.

Whats the estimated fitting time?

Thanks, but, me personally, I would like someone who knows what they are doing, & as been recommended from fellow members, to do the work. Because if I did it, it would probably set on fire lol !

Was just on about the parts mate not the fitting. Im a panel beater & Painter to trade (with mechanical skills) so if i came along i could do some fitting as well.

Good thread!

Cheers,
Jonny

Sorry mate i got a little excited and missed this post :blush:

Sorry mate i got a little excited and missed this post :blush:

Haha, its all good mate.

I obviously dont mind people doing their own, and i dont mind quoting for parts. I just know some people dont like to fit things such as Cruise when you have to play about with airbags etc, which is why I offer my services as Ive done the install numerous times.

And with A3s, alot of people get confused with what ECUs accept Cruise and which dont. The downlow is that if you have an onboard computer (MPG/Range) then your Steering ECU can take Cruise.

If we can manage to get 5 cars together, the fuel cost would be approx £10 per car, still would be a great bargain. Jonny would also be able to do some other mods as well, ie, coming home lights £15, beep lock / unlock + a few more. So a good chance to get some extra mods done me thinks.

If we can manage to get 5 cars together, the fuel cost would be approx £10 per car, still would be a great bargain. Jonny would also be able to do some other mods as well, ie, coming home lights £15, beep lock / unlock + a few more. So a good chance to get some extra mods done me thinks.

Where is the meet going to be at?

Picking up A3 next week and it already has cruise, but count me in for other tweaks.

Picking up A3 next week and it already has cruise, but count me in for other tweaks.

Swany, Jonny can only do 5 cars, 6 at a push, so the ones that need CC will be first in the Q. But if we dont get the numbers, more than welcome to come along, hope you understand.

I'm interested. BUt if it's in Edinburgh it gets pretty costly for me. Tank of fuel = £70 odd quid.

Wish it could be further north.

Petrol costs are obviously a serious consideration, so we have to think of how much having cruise control fitted to our cars is worth to us personally. If I don't take this opportunity to go to wherever Jonny is doing his thing, then I won't have cruise on my car, ..end of. It's something I really need doing and I wouldn't be happy to do the fitting myself, so to me, the one off cost of travelling South to have it fitted by Jonny will be more than worth it. I NEED CRUISE!! :)

Paula x

Ok, lets get definate numbers then we can bottom out a suitable meeting point. The main reason for suggesting Edinburgh was to cut down the amount of travel for Jonny, after all, he is travelling to meet us. The more travelling for him means less cars he can work on (less time), so, less cars = more fuel costs.
I'm willing to travel anywhere that suits everyone, but, Jonny might not. So, at the moment, its just Paula & myself that are definates.

Last edited:
Im good to travel anywhere Tony, im completely happy :)

There are 2 guys above who seem interested but for them its the location, maybe going further north may get them two on board..

Swany, Jonny can only do 5 cars, 6 at a push, so the ones that need CC will be first in the Q. But if we dont get the numbers, more than welcome to come along, hope you understand.

no worries, totally understand, will most likely pop in to edinburgh just for the craic.

As I said before, lets get the numbers confirmed, then we can agree a location, as Jonny will travel further. Over to you guy's & gals.

If it was aberdeen that would be good for me also in considering if i am in or out, im in inverness so its only 2 hrs away and £40 in the tank (edinburgh 7hrs round trip) but if there is other tweaks on offer this could be idea and i possibly could have another interested party but he has an A4.

Aberdeen folks where would we get in to do the job as obviously doing it on a drive way in the piddling rain may not be idea and we know how un predictable the weather up here can be :cold:

I'm defo up for it if you can come further north......

I'm interested. BUt if it's in Edinburgh it gets pretty costly for me. Tank of fuel = £70 odd quid.

Wish it could be further north.
Remember that any VW or Audi garage will do a dealer fit for you ( although you may not trust them as much ! )

I got crusie retro-fitted to a MK5 Golf R32 about 18 months ago for £160, so may be worth checking with your local dealer if the petrol costs look like they are going to be a lot.

Remember that any VW or Audi garage will do a dealer fit for you ( although you may not trust them as much ! )

I got crusie retro-fitted to a MK5 Golf R32 about 18 months ago for £160, so may be worth checking with your local dealer if the petrol costs look like they are going to be a lot.

Good price that, especially from a dealer. This parts included?

Thats a really good price but i doubt it would be under £200 for an Audi

Would be interested, but I'm near Dumfries and doesn't make sense me travelling up north................

Do yours out of the group buy and meet halfway or something.

Message Jb0o and see if you can sort something out

Good price that, especially from a dealer. This parts included?

Very good price I was quoted more like £250 and they said that was them getting someone in to do it as they no longer retrofit to 2010 cars. Seems odd to me that they cant but someone else can??!!!