DSG oil change prices

rickyquicky

Reaction score
Its DSG oil change time for my car, what prices have some of you guys paid?

I've only spoken to AMD so far...they want £200, how much do Audi charge or a good alternative eg: VW/Seat/Skoda???

Thanks in advance! :icon_thumright:

DSG oil and filter change £149 @ Stafford Audi, bargain me thinks..

make sure they change the filter...they will not unless you tell them too.

DSG oil and filter change £149 @ Stafford Audi, bargain me thinks..

Thanks for letting me know...just a shame its 170 miles away! For that money its not worth going anywhere else. Thought if AMD were quoting Audi would be £300+

Might ask my local dealer for a 'price match' then :)

Wrong, they dont always change filters as a few will advise on recent posts/threads.

Some do some dont, to be honest, cant see the point in doing it without the filter, might aswell do it at the same time as DSG oil is expensive stuff.

I agree Lee, seems like a pointless exercise, no matter if filter would last a million miles, it would still retain particles of crap, hence whole point of a filter, sticking new oil with old filter would just contaminate the new oil IMHO.

The question is really, can you completely drain the oil without removing the filter anyway ? Its not just particles in the oil, its the fact that it looses it lubrication properties and brakes down over time with a subsequent loss of viscosity. If this was not the case then you could just change the filter once a year and leave the oil in the box for life. Any oil left in an unchanged filter or in the low area where the filter sits + pipes will dilute the new oil. As with all things the design of the box castings and overall shape will be a compromise so anything you can do to remove any extra old oil will be a bonus. I don't think it can be stressed enough the importance of good quality oils and filters and regular changes. For this reason i think dealerships that change one without the other are bordering on incompetence. I also find long life oil change schedules extremely dubious for this reasons as well. :)

There are 3 or 4 Audi dealers by me and they all cannot price match Stafford Audi prices! I have a service advisor I speak to and make sure they understand what I want doing, and double check when I get there. I think everyone should do this when you're taking your cars in for service and handing over your money to them. They know I go out of my way to get there and also gives me a chance to properly regenerate my new DPF and I also I get a courtesy car too. Great service all round.

Slightly different issue, but on the same theme - how often should it be changed? My 06 3.2 has never had a change, it's done 32K now ...

Book says 40k but to be honest after 4 years it should really be done anyway.

Well they should always change the filter as its part of the service. I work for VW and we ALWAYS do both 7 litres of oil and change the filter. Never in the two VW dealerships i`ve worked in have i ever seen just the oil being changed. So whichever dealers arent doing it are cutting corners it seems.