8P1 Facelift Grill Look.. Yay or Nay

tyrrelll

Lukey.T
Reaction score
Before i can get around to splashing out £200+ for a facelift bumper, bonnet ect i was having a play on Photoshop and came up with this..
I can get some cheap vinyl wrap and do this for under £20, i cant decide if i like the black look tho, it definitely blends the two grills together.

what do you think.. Yay or Nay?

2q34y87.jpg

2myot29.jpg

I've got all the bits to do mine like this as soon as the weather warms up

I have to say Nay, i'm not a fan of the black outer edge with the black centre

I will be doing mine, but mine is Lava grey, almost a black, so will be using carbon fibre vinyl for the centre, and I have the 10mm Chrome strip to join the 2 grills up (I'm keeping the grills Chrome), here a few pics of the Carbon stuff, I wrapped the door trim earlier in it.

Carbonfibrevinyl1.jpg

Carbonfibrevinyl2.jpg

Like this

d.jpg

Last edited:
Have to say nay. Never been a fan of that mod. Before I did the 8P2 converison on my 8P1 I just sprayed the two chrome grilles a dark grey. Didn't last long, I'd just save and do the single grille converison.
Looks better and worth it in the long run

I agree the real thing looks much better, but this is a nice looking cheap stop gap in-between saving the cash and finding the parts needed.

as a stopgap mod i'd go for it, but ultimately try and go for an 8P2 front end

well ive decided against the full frame grill as i prob wont be having the car for more than two years more as the finance will be payed off and i cant wait to get rid of it and get a bigger engine model so im doing a nice little mod till i get rid of it but im doing it in real carbon fibre not the vinyl but the vinyl will look good till you can get the full frame grill bumper go for it

well ive decided against the full frame grill as i prob wont be having the car for more than two years more as the finance will be payed off and i cant wait to get rid of it and get a bigger engine model so im doing a nice little mod till i get rid of it but im doing it in real carbon fibre not the vinyl but the vinyl will look good till you can get the full frame grill bumper go for it

you might as well go for the big grille man. you'll make the money back come resale time

its all about money tho i dont want to be spending stupid amounts on it anymore lol if i can find some parts on ebay then yeah will go for it otherwise im not going to too expensive to do with new parts

I have to admit I actually quite like the split grill on my 8P1... it seems to be becoming more and more unique!

Obviously the facelift looks great but there is definately something retro about it!

I'll get my coat....:whistle2:

I have to admit I actually quite like the split grill on my 8P1... it seems to be becoming more and more unique!

Obviously the facelift looks great but there is definately something retro about it!

I'll get my coat....:whistle2:

lol i owned an 8P1 when the 8P2 was first released and at the time i thought the 8P1 looked MILES better... but as time has gone on, i think it's become outdated. my car was black so it wasn't massively noticable - but on some cars i don't think it looks very good

no offence intended to those with 8P1s, ofc

its all about money tho i dont want to be spending stupid amounts on it anymore lol if i can find some parts on ebay then yeah will go for it otherwise im not going to too expensive to do with new parts

Get this maybe black grille and add votex front splitter to go with the rear :happy: get a bonnet new or keep an eye out on ebay:laugh: No excuse then haha:p
AUDI A3 FRONT BUMPER AND GRILL on eBay (end time 17-Feb-11 10:45:13 GMT)

edit: even spray the grille black, new bonnet (same place i got mine) AUDI A3 2005- Bonnet on eBay (end time 19-Feb-11 16:27:45 GMT)
My mate does the spraying for the bonne and bumpert sorted haha. Cheap facelift lol

Last edited:
I have to say Nay, i'm not a fan of the black outer edge with the black centre

I will be doing mine, but mine is Lava grey, almost a black, so will be using carbon fibre vinyl for the centre, and I have the 10mm Chrome strip to join the 2 grills up (I'm keeping the grills Chrome), here a few pics of the Carbon stuff, I wrapped the door trim earlier in it.

Like this

d.jpg

Ah thats my car lol I did this as a stop gap mod until I got around to doing the new front end. I didnt use vinyl, I painted it and it looked good and lasted well. Never chipped. Was a cheap mod so didnt deplete the funds.

Get this maybe black grille and add votex front splitter to go with the rear :happy: get a bonnet new or keep an eye out on ebay:laugh: No excuse then haha:p
AUDI A3 FRONT BUMPER AND GRILL on eBay (end time 17-Feb-11 10:45:13 GMT)

edit: even spray the grille black, new bonnet (same place i got mine) AUDI A3 2005- Bonnet on eBay (end time 19-Feb-11 16:27:45 GMT)
My mate does the spraying for the bonne and bumpert sorted haha. Cheap facelift lol
that is a cheapo facelift ash the bumper i could spray myself but the bonnet would have to be prof painted , i know what your saying tho votex front and rear maybe even do the grill in carbon to satify my carbon needs eh lol

that is a cheapo facelift ash the bumper i could spray myself but the bonnet would have to be prof painted , i know what your saying tho votex front and rear maybe even do the grill in carbon to satify my carbon needs eh lol

Lol do it! My mate can spray your bonnet sorted! Ha... I need to have my rear bumper and alloys done before march lol

my front end was relatively cheap and im changing it again.... s3 front time..... so my sline front is going to someone else on here...... i put alot of work into mine as people will agree...... But the big grill is in a league of its own mate.

can you ask your mate how much to do my bonnet pls mate

I'll give him a call today, but here is his work number 02920 491234 his name Scott.
If you call him just say i told you to call him :) i'll probably see him todat so will drop you a text if i do

my front end was relatively cheap and im changing it again.... s3 front time..... so my sline front is going to someone else on here...... i put alot of work into mine as people will agree...... But the big grill is in a league of its own mate.
this is true mate ive made my mind up now lol im going to do the facelift i cant wait to get it done

So that's mean that I can buy a 8PA front bumper to fit my 8P1 face, in order to make the facelift? Meanwhile I do not have to change my head light and my hood? Am i right? Thanks in advance...