Coin tray question

K4RL

Reaction score
Hi all

:confused: Today I tried to retro-fit the coin tray into my 2010 :s3addict: centre console. So I removed the switch surround plate & upon inspection of the back of it, it seems to be made from 1 piece of plastic. There's no way to remove the 3 blanking covers where the coin tray goes.
So there's 2 possiblities either newer cars now have a different switch surround or that because my car has the bucket seat option a different surround is fitted as I have no 'passenger airbag off' light.
If the enlightened could solve this one for me please.

Karl:greyrs4:

the MY11 cars on have a different switch surround. depending on what optional extras your car has i'd imagine that it's possible to retrofit the MY09-10 switches but be warned - i did this to my MY06 car and the switches are very un-Audi. they don't fit the best and they're not that straight.

personally i wouldn't bother. if you need a little storage cubby do an ashtray delete instead.

best of luck!

S.

Hi Sub39H,

I have a MY2010 S3 Sportback and the wonky switches in the centre console (Hazard Lights, ESP on/off) really annoy me. Do you happen to know the part number for the all in one unit they released that has the chrome upper and lower trim as I'm looking to retro fit this newer part into my car.

Cheers, Ben

Hi Sub39H,

I have a MY2010 S3 Sportback and the wonky switches in the centre console (Hazard Lights, ESP on/off) really annoy me. Do you happen to know the part number for the all in one unit they released that has the chrome upper and lower trim as I'm looking to retro fit this newer part into my car.

Cheers, Ben

i don't i'm afraid. apparently there's 36 (!) different part numbers, depending on what extras you have fitted.

two members, Khufu and NHN, they were trying to work it out. you're best off contacting them

The part number in the advert isnt recognised unless one of the numbers is changed, maybe typed wrong one? It might be suitable depending on what extras your car has.

Definitely looks like the right one although looks to be missing the chrome strip along the top of the panel. Will ask the seller for more info. Thanks for your help guys. Have either of you looked at retro fitting any of the other MY11 facelift such as the gloss b pillars

One of the issues with the MY11 buttons is that the TPS is no longer a button, its works through the DIS so will also need a MY11 cluster for it to work. It may also may need new multiplugs & wiring. Think Nigel looked into the chrome tipped electric window switches & mirror knob but not sure if he went through with it.

Definitely looks like the right one although looks to be missing the chrome strip along the top of the panel. Will ask the seller for more info. Thanks for your help guys. Have either of you looked at retro fitting any of the other MY11 facelift such as the gloss b pillars

Someone else has already retrofitted the gloss pillars. Can't remember who. Apparently it's pretty easy