• Total voters
HarryHill_fight.jpg

don't be ridiculous.

the 1.2T is where it's at

You will never find out.

No one will be able to afford one.

Paul

PS - Dervs are for vegetarians

I assume you mean quickest moving petrol gauge needle?

Depends whether its a 140 or a 170. If it was a 140 it'd probably be about even. 170 would drop it no problem though. Obviously.

Odd thread?!

If you spend £40k+ on a Diesel 170...it will probably be quicker than an RS...Ask Devon mikey...

but it'll still be a diesel A3, not an RS3

Yea but the question was which is quicker... a TDi or an RS...
I was just pointing out that for £40k+ you could make most things as quick as a RS. even a 3.2man or a Cayman :) Lets face it Audi couldn't make a TTRS an inspiring drive so i doubt you will get anything more than a slightly quicker S3.

Of course the diesel is quicker; a ridiculous question!

At least the diesel A3 won't come with these rhyms:

047.jpg

Last edited:
Of course the diesel is quick; a ridiculous question!

At least the diesel A3 won't come with these rhyms:

Diesel all day long! RS3 wouldnt stand a chance.
Agree with you Warren. Im not a fan of those alloys on the Black Edition A3/S3 let alone the TTRS or RS3.

Agree with you Warren. Im not a fan of those alloys on the Black Edition A3/S3 let alone the TTRS or RS3.

The A3's to squared off and blunt for those rims.

But as to why Audi bothered with the 2.5T in the RS3 and didn't just fit the 2.0TDi is beyond me. Plain madness. Yes I wanted it to be a 3 door manual instead of a DSG 5 door, but the main reason I won't be splashing out is because it doesn't belch satans black wind.

Yea but the question was which is quicker... a TDi or an RS...
I was just pointing out that for £40k+ you could make most things as quick as a RS. even a 3.2man or a Cayman :) Lets face it Audi couldn't make a TTRS an inspiring drive so i doubt you will get anything more than a slightly quicker S3.

i'm not saying i disagree with you but being a bit of a badge snob i'd say i'd rather pay £40k and get an RS badge than be buying a model that looks the same as anyone else's