IMF I think ?

DaveA3-TDI

Reaction score
I am after some help please as asked my local audi independent to scan my car today with Vagcom as my engine management light came up and these are the fault codes:

2 Faults Found:
17075 - Fan 1 Control Circuit: Short to GND
P0691 - 000 - -
Freeze Frame:
RPM: 1827 /min
Torque: 156.0 Nm
Speed: 47.0 km/h
Load: 38.0 %
Voltage: 14.21 V
Bin. Bits: 00101000
Temperature: 87.3∞C
Duty Cycle: 9.6 %

19558 - Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157): No Signal
P3102 - 000 - -
Freeze Frame:
RPM: 0 /min
Torque: 82.0 Nm
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Load: 0.0 %
Voltage: 12.01 V
Bin. Bits: 00101100
Torque: 0.0 Nm
Torque: 354.0 Nm

Readiness: 1 1 0 0 0

Am I correct in thinking that I need a new Intake Manifold Flap ? Or new fans as my climate is also in Econ Mode ?

Can anyone help please ?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds about right !

Manifold flap sticks - probably burns out motor - blows fuse and fan doesn't work !!

Think I've read that on a thread here a while ago.

Cheers

So sounds like the manifold flap then and not the fan motors ? Anyone know the cost of the manifold flap ?

Thanks for your help people, Wai-Fan how much did a new IMF cost you ?

Thanks for your help people, Wai-Fan how much did a new IMF cost you ?

Luckily I had mine fixed on the day my warranty expired! Think the cheapest I heard for a new IMF is around £150, but not sure from where.

Thanks for the help. Managed to get one from euro car parts. Fitted it and cleared the fault codes and car is good again.
I then decided to take the old IMF apart and I found teeth were missing on one of the cogs so it was broke lol. Quick question though, when I took the grey housing off the insides where the motor, cogs and circuit board are was full of oil! Should there be oil in there or was there something seriously wrong with my IMF ?