Single Grill Conversion Done....V6 S3 Hybrid!!! pic heavy

Sarah's A3

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid
Reaction score
:eyebrows: Right, wanted to show you my conversion thread! Been a long time coming for me!
But firstly I want to thank the guys who have really helped in many ways.
P5SND, Phil for answering all my ETKA questions, parts etc, Scottie123 for all your help and encouragement, NHN, Nige for all info and advice, itwasntme for park sensor details, 1Wheelonly, Lea for advice etc, Paddy for putting up with me lol and everyone who has helped on the threads with helpful info in posts and PMs! I really appreciate everything. Most of all to Dave and my girls for putting up with me always being too busy too cook lol, McDonalds did good out of us for ages!!!
Right, had a tough time sourcing parts lol, was going S Line as thats what my car is but with having xenons needed washer jet holes! Non came up on Fleebay so decided to go S3. And before you say, im not trying to do a replica!
After having to change rear bumper as the first one I bought was for an A3 cab, D'oh!!! I finally got a 2 piece one! Also got wrongly sold a bonnet from Ausdi!!(***! they are rubbish) but finally got there. With some cheeky help from TPS. What guys they are!
Managed to get to the body shop a week before going away and thought I had plenty of time to get it painted up and back for me to fit before going away!! Famous last words lol! The paint guy is just too friendly and cant say no to anyone, mine got more and more delayed. Finally got it all painted on the saturday night and rushed up to the paint shop on the sunday as I needed his help to fit the bonnet, couldnt do it by myself. Easy job and didnt take too long,2 bolts and change the sound proofing etc and job done!
Front bumper was fun lol, spent most of the time under the car with just my legs showing but got it on and chuffed with the look. Got the Optics grill and decided to change the front rings to black too, so set about painting them up. Didnt ever want an S3 rep but do love the S3 bumpers so have retained the S Line badges on the car and modded the S3 grill badge to take my quattro badge. Fits well and im happy.
Rear bumper was a pig!!!! Got all the bolts/screws out but the 2 in the middle just wouldnt budge! No tool I had would get to the nuts on the bolts. But with some trickery with a hexaganal long socket they finally came off. But lost one between the panels lol, never to be seen again!!!
Just before the rear was painted I had a choice of either getting the smaller parking sensors or just drilling the bumper holes larger. I decided on the smaller sensors but after alot of investigation found my module wouldnt take them!!! Funds were low so couldnt get another module as Nige suggested. So holes were drilled! Anyway it enabled me to fit my existing sensors so a bit less work as I was now up against time as I wanted it finished for AITP!!
I worked on the car from 12noon on the sunday til gone midnight, absolutely shattered but managed to get front and rear bumpers on, alloys on and most of the trim back. Shattered had to pack a bag and bed as I was off to stratford 6am for a week away on a course!
Back on the friday late on and straight on the car lol, needed alot of cleaning and detailing and had the A6 to do too!!!
Anyway, happily got it done ( needs a few finishing touches and a proper detail).
So what are your thoughts??? Any comments welcome, it wont be to everyones taste but tbh im over the moon and have the satisfaction of doing all the searching, prep and fitting myself!
Alloys are genuine S3s in a Volvo (yeh yeh I know!!!) anthracite that in the sun has a bluish hue so fits well.
Still looking for side skirts but will sort if/when any crop up! 09 Rear Lights are on and Pressed Plates with holders.
I now have a V6 S3 hybrid lol!!!!

as Original when bought

50fd9918.jpg
ce4c07f8.jpg

Temporary quick single grill mod...

88ba672c.jpg

Stripping!!

f368a703.jpg

b56ccfdb.jpg

3998b3d6.jpg

94530efc.jpg

59d107aa.jpg

4ee14fa6.jpg

ff9f5a49.jpg

0eb361a9.jpg

e8e3db8f.jpg

4cf6c628.jpg

b91ff8f1.jpg

Measuring ready to cut support

979768cd.jpg

eafa6ab7.jpg

8ea7a706.jpg

259e6a04.jpg

Ready to drive to the paint shop lol

fbce4659.jpg

0144b066.jpg

Finally finished!!!!

ec622ff7.jpg

a3a17eb5.jpg

d68c6a5b.jpg

c3f14c30.jpg

5c4eb6eb.jpg

3d55cb56.jpg

ec175fbe.jpg

0bd8edd6.jpg

62dee172.jpg

Sorry for soooo many pics but im chuffed what I have achieved, hope you like!

Sarah x

Last edited:
Reactions: MrWhItEwOlF and warren_S5
89cc51d8.jpg

b360bb91.jpg

e43b2f4f.jpg

e37d4b26.jpg

40fdcc4f.jpg

Going to AITP......

710fd896.jpg

And a night out to celebrate!!!!

b2968571.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jacr87
OMG! A beautiful women working on a car? I can't breathe.....I'm in LOVE! Car looks great! Post more pics

Great job you've done there Sarah.

Final product is awesome.

Any more mods planned?

SARAH..... have gotta say you have done an amazing job.. well done... looks LUSH!!:o.k:

Looks great, i do like the look of the single grill and you done a stunning job,i got a couple of nice pictures of yours at AITP, and all ypur own work excellent job.

Looks great Sar :) Some nice photos aswell. Glad your happy with the finish.
The alloy colour go so well with the colour of your car.

maaaannnn... i am soooo jealous, had dreams about doing this to my car... it looks great, fantastic achievement well done... you need a badge with AS3 written on it... that would look shwweeet!

Car looks excellent. Could you PM me the part number for the S3 front and rear bumpers please? with any of the little clips and diffuser bits etc. I been looking around and im completely stuck. :(

looking amazing sarah!!
glad to see you got teh dubmeister plates as well
the car is looking sorted now!!
congrats!

Its finally done :)

Great job Sarah it was worth the wait i might say!

Love the black rings even though when i read it wasnt quite sure!

Cudos!

Great job you've done there Sarah.

Final product is awesome.

Any more mods planned?

Thank you, the hard work has been worth it. I will have a tweek with a few things on him, not sure yet. Still wanting to get the annalogue tuner changed to digital and probably add a dvd player. In time and when I can afford, may well look into a turbo, but we'll see, not high an any list yet lol. I would really like the flat bottomed steering wheel.....

maaaannnn... i am soooo jealous, had dreams about doing this to my car... it looks great, fantastic achievement well done... you need a badge with AS3 written on it... that would look shwweeet!

cheers... go on do yours, you know you want to! Its a great feeling when its all done!

Very impressed with the work done here. Pics are too small for me but it all does look the biz!

Glad it all worked out Sarah!

looking amazing sarah!!
glad to see you got teh dubmeister plates as well
the car is looking sorted now!!
congrats!

Hiya you, well a big thanks to you, I had wanted the plates for ages but after seeing yours, that did it for me! They make a huge difference, I love it!

Its finally done :)

Great job Sarah it was worth the wait i might say!

Love the black rings even though when i read it wasnt quite sure!

Cudos!

thanks, i'm still undecided on the rings tbh, might do them the same colour as the alloys and wing mirror covers. At the mo in black they look like there is nothing there. I'll look for another set and paint them up and I can mix n match lol!

Hiya you, well a big thanks to you, I had wanted the plates for ages but after seeing yours, that did it for me! They make a huge difference, I love it!

haha they really do, its such a simple change but makes the world of difference, they somehow mean up the front end
now ive seen your wheels i want to get mine redone... but there are some under bonnet tweeks i want to do first.... :p

some times it sucks being a student and having to wait to get stuff done haha

Reactions: marwayg
haha they really do, its such a simple change but makes the world of difference, they somehow mean up the front end
now ive seen your wheels i want to get mine redone... but there are some under bonnet tweeks i want to do first.... :p

some times it sucks being a student and having to wait to get stuff done haha

So what are you after doing to yours then???

Yeh waiting is a pain, I should know lol, but worth it! you are sooooo lucky that you have an S3 being a student lol, im jealous!!!

yea i know, a lot of my mates from uni wernt too imnpressed when i first rolled up in it haha
its a strugle having it, but as im a petrol head, its worth the sacrifices to have it :)
im wanting a bit of revo action.... its crazy as i can hands down beat most things on the road, but you get used to the level of power that you have and want that rush of jeeeeeessssssss thats fast when you put your foot down haha
lol you cant be too jealous youve got the V6 soundtrack!
what you got planned next as we know the itch to mod never stops haha

Ah! I know that 'rush' feeling only too well. Revos a great way to go.

Yup good soundtrack lol

Needing side skirts still and as said above the digital tuner over my existing annalogue. Not too sure what else up to now, unless that turbo comes into reach lol!!!!

well its only a dream at the mo... have other things to pay for but never mind... maybe towards the end of the summer haha
ooo a turbo would be a good way to go but that got to be pretty ££££££ but would turn your car into an absolute rocket!

Looks GREAT "S" :) a fantastic achievement and i know how hands on this whole thing was for you which makes it all the better and personal to you..
Its a crime they stopped making the 3.2 !! one of the best cars audi ever made.
Well done :))

Looks GREAT "S" :) a fantastic achievement and i know how hands on this whole thing was for you which makes it all the better and personal to you..
Its a crime they stopped making the 3.2 !! one of the best cars audi ever made.
Well done :))

Cheers P, I agree completely with you, such a shame they are no more!

Well I have no skin left on my hands and bruises on my arms lol! but a huge grim on my face!, thanks buddy.

its good to see a woman getting stuck in lol, good build thread sarah i want to do mine now just got to save some cash first , go on turbo it there's a youtube video of a german 3.2 quattro twin turbo kicking out 450bhp the sound it makes is amazing

Credit to you Sarah! Well done!

Love the colour on the A3.

I hate this website because everytime i see it it makes me want to add more stuff to my car!:ohmy:

Sarah the temporary single grille you made, how did you do this? did you do a wrap on it?

Credit to you Sarah! Well done!

Love the colour on the A3.

I hate this website because everytime i see it it makes me want to add more stuff to my car!:ohmy:

Sarah the temporary single grille you made, how did you do this? did you do a wrap on it?

Cheers, glad you like.

No I didnt wrap it. Used a tin of Satin black spray paint from Halfords and some Chrome Strip. Was really easy to do, didn't take long and under £16 a bargain.

Last edited:
its good to see a woman getting stuck in lol, good build thread sarah i want to do mine now just got to save some cash first , go on turbo it there's a youtube video of a german 3.2 quattro twin turbo kicking out 450bhp the sound it makes is amazing

Go on, save and get it done......

Yeh i've seen that vid, caught me eye lol.....

About blinking time :)

I'm sorry though Sarah, you aint fooling anyone. It is obviously Dave under the car doing the hard work and you are just passing him biscuits.

3998b3d6.jpg

Seriously though, Great work and effort. !!

Car looks tops now!

ohh, and what the hell is the big white thing peeking out from behind the bush?

I need to know :)

62dee172.jpg

Finally! Congrats Sarah - glad you eventually got it sorted, Kudos for getting stuck in yourself! Car looks great :)

Go on, save and get it done......

Yeh i've seen that vid, caught me eye lol.....
i am tempted beleve me i love the s3 bodykit but for the moment im saving up a few quid to get my coilovers because it looks like a 4x4 haha, its got a very nice sound hasnt it lol