Automatic Lock on 8v A3 ? - VCDS Mod

Alan Porter

Reaction score
Reactions: monopole
will try tomorrow, def interested in this if possible

right, I'm just off outside to give my car It's first scan and see if this works... brb...

coding accepted... just need to test...

Reactions: sstorra
yep works, but mirrors don't auto fold with this method, but it DOES work :) :)

other observations :

Vcds 1

and

Vcds 2

did't change anything there, printed out of curiosity

yay, just had a look at the sensor and it has simply unplugged itself(!), just wait until its a bit dryer out there then plug it back in :)

yep works, but mirrors don't auto fold with this method, but it DOES work :) :)

Can you put a brief step by step together, I don't follow the german on this page. Glad its sorted, no idea why the mirrors wouldn't fold tho!

I thought it was pretty straight forward tbh

Automatic lock the vehicle with advance key
[05] Acc/Start Auth
Long Coding
Byte 2
Enable bit 4
Exit (accept default message)
Do it

message says coding accepted, walk away put key down, go back to car, LOCKED. simples :)

I'll get up some screenshots if it helps later today

Last edited by a moderator:
[05]

Long coding

Long coding helper

Byte 2, Bit 4 then exit (top left of that window)

Do it!

I thought it was pretty straight forward tbh

Automatic lock the vehicle with advance key
[05] Acc/Start Auth
Long Coding
Byte 2
Enable bit 4
Exit (accept default message)
Do it

message says coding accepted, walk away put key down, go back to car, LOCKED. simples :)

I'll get up some screenshots if it helps later today

Just spent 2 hours trying to do this. All the other mods work fine but this one just gives me errors.

Is there a mod to close the windows when you lock the car rather than having to hold the lock button down for so long? there used to be on the MK5 Golf...

I don't know what to say, as soon as I shut the door, the hazards flash and it's locked.

IMO it's only good for really short stops, else I will manually lock the car (touch door handle) to fold the mirrors anyway.

There are warnings when you code because there is no data for that module, but click to accept the default messages and it then accepts the coding.

It's a shame the mirrors don't fold with this, would be great if they did!

Reactions: monopole
well, that could be an option already available with VCDS, but as there's not much known about the 8V modules yet, users may take a while to figure it out