Orderd new s3

s31jay

Reaction score
Hi there orderd my new s3 about 3 weeks ago now, been given a build week of 46 which is 10th november, my salesman told me it would be in there showroom in october (aberdeen) when i orderd it! Its looking like i wont get it till the start of december now! Whats my chances of the build week mooving forward???

Mine was moved forward by a month even though they pretty much said it wasn't going to be the case..this was when they started making s3's.. I'd say there's a fair chance it'll move forward for you too but don't quote me on that.

When I ordered mine on 19 April, I was given a 'collect' date of 31 July, based on a build week of week 27. That eventually moved forward by 3 weeks, and had I not have been on holiday at the time I could have collected the car 4 weeks early.

That said, I'm sure it works the other way as well ;)

Ordered my S3 on 13/July - later that week dealer advise BW42, but without promising anything expects it might be built a couple of weeks earlier. Hoping it'll turn up in October rather then November, but we'll see. Seems fairly typical based on other comments I've read.

Hi guys, I'm new here but had my fair share of Audi's!

I ordered an S3 saloon about four weeks ago and still waiting for a delivery date! :(

Initially told around October at the earliest... so sounds pretty similar to the messages everyone else is getting.

Waiting for a new car is surely THE most frustrating thing ever??? :ermm:

I ordered mine the first week of January 2014 and was week 19. In the space of 8 weeks it came forward to week 17.

I was a bit annoyed with my dealer as when going through my order they said they would amend an existing order at week 11. After they had my money they called me the next day to say it was week 19! Was not happy but can't say I was surprised....

After build it took two weeks to arrive at dealer.

I ordered mine the first week of January 2014 and was week 19. In the space of 8 weeks it came forward to week 17.

I was a bit annoyed with my dealer as when going through my order they said they would amend an existing order at week 11. After they had my money they called me the next day to say it was week 19! Was not happy but can't say I was surprised....

aggggghhhh I want mine NOW :(

Reactions: Pulp84

2 weeks to the dealers is good, usually more like 3

Seems like they are getting faster as mine was exactly 2 weeks also.

As was mine although I don't know the exact build date. It was week 29 sometime - probably early that week as I had the VIN on 17th July. Delivered to dealer in Doncaster on morning of 28th.

Think depends where it lands.

Dealers in South West earlier in the year were getting them much quicker than say SE England. Some people I remember for a BE thread were waiting 4-5 weeks for it to arrive at dealer.

My car was with me in just under 9 weeks, that's from placing the order to taking delivery. The original estimate the dealer gave me was around 12 weeks, but the build date I was given moved forward by two weeks and the car got to the UK a week quicker than expected. I've never had to wait more than two or three months for new Audis and I have had a few over the years.

Impressive, lucky you. Allocation does play a part but then also options massively impact lead times, the wait ain't too bad I guess.

I think the demand situation impacts far more than options (according to my dealer). If you look at my spec I've gone fairly heavy on options but it was the ability to "spec amend" which enabled me to get it much earlier. If it had been a new factory order then I could have added at least 4-6+ extra weeks to the delivery time.