Uhhhh Ohhhh

G

Gordo77

Haven't kerbed an alloy in about 20 years, then this :keule:

Initially thought about buying a new wheel altogether, as I was doubtful that it could be repaired properly. Audi quoted around £450 for new wheel, but actually suggested I get it refurbished. They put me in contact with a place in Glasgow as they don't do diamond cut wheels at the dealers. Turnaround of 3 days and it looks brand new again. :) No after pics unfortunately.

That looks painful.
I hope you get it sorted, I must admit I keep thinking about rim protectors.

Ewwwwwww i hate seeing that... Painful indeed :/.

After pic please to subdue the pain.

Reactions: Gordo77 and The Challinor
I kerbed my s-line wheel, and was quoted anything between £90-£150 for a full refurbishment on a CNC machine. Some needed it for 24 hours, others for up to a week. Fortunately I managed to find a genuine s-line wheel on ebay with a tiny mark on the rim, which can't really be seen for £90! I was dubious, but it's definately genuine and runs true.I'll probably get the damaged wheel refurbished at some point, so I have a spare, but no rush for now.The best localish service for me seemed to be JP Alloys in Cannock, who were going to charge £90 and could do it in 24hrs.

How much did the repair cost?

Sorry, the repair was £125 (probably about double the cost for a standard alloy). It would have annoyed the life out of me to leave it like that.

I'll pop out and take a pic at lunchtime.

I kerbed my s-line wheel, and was quoted anything between £90-£150 for a full refurbishment on a CNC machine. Some needed it for 24 hours, others for up to a week. Fortunately I managed to find a genuine s-line wheel on ebay with a tiny mark on the rim, which can't really be seen for £90! I was dubious, but it's definately genuine and runs true.I'll probably get the damaged wheel refurbished at some point, so I have a spare, but no rush for now.The best localish service for me seemed to be JP Alloys in Cannock, who were going to charge £90 and could do it in 24hrs.

That was my original plan, to try and source a replacement wheel, and have one as a spare.

Here's an "after" pic:

Really pleased with the result.

Reactions: RYuill and Battlekrapz
Thanks for posting the cost, and the repair certainly looks good.

Reactions: Battlekrapz
A great result but I am always fearful of doing the same to my 19" wheels on my TT