APR carbon fibre air intake

Grant

Reaction score
This must be one of the sexiest looking air intakes I've seen!

u7agy4yj.jpg

e7y8ava8.jpg

8u7e5e8u.jpg

APR report +17bhp and +14 ft-lbs gain over stock.

APR Carbon Fiber Intake System

From speaking to APR UK last week, they have an initial order of 15 placed with APR in the US. I have my name down for one.

Reactions: Lock & Load and J6YAK
US price is $449, works out around £270 I think.
Hopefully the UK price is similar.

Will definitely be ordering one. Always loved the look of the carbino intakes.

I'm doubtful about the listed gains, they seem pretty high for an induction kit. Be interesting to see what happens though

Defo tempted by this it's a great looking piece of kit and should work well too!!

Oops!! I spoke with APR UK today and put my name down for one of these also!! Couldn't help myself it looks fantastic and should make a difference! Still no idea of price yet but should know soon.

Reactions: Grant
Does this do away with the air cleaner or is that still retained?

Does this do away with the air cleaner or is that still retained?

Your referring to the air filter housed within the standard airbox I assume. This intake had a cotton cone filter incorporated inside it which handles all air filtration.

What you get is a new air cleaner inside a new carbon housing which can be cleaned I presume?

If you click on the link in the top post all is revealed, basically a cone filter inside some fancy carbon vortex thingy :)

It would look even better if it didn't have the APR logo on it.

Uhoh....I've started it!

Reactions: nervus
It seems the UK price is £449. Not sure what justifies us paying nearly £200 more than the US at $449

Trying to get hold of APR to take my money is proving very difficult, do they ever answer the phone or respond to the contact form on their site?!

It seems the UK price is £449. Not sure what justifies us paying nearly £200 more than the US at $449
It's not £200 more, you are just converting using the currency rate which isn't the correct way to do it. You have to take into account the local taxes and the market size.

It's not £200 more, you are just converting using the currency rate which isn't the correct way to do it. You have to take into account the local taxes and the market size.

Yeah, it was just a rough idea. But the difference does seem quite significant.
I'd imagine it would be cheaper to import one if they allow it, and you have the patience.

so order from the yanks and pay a small import duty - tax on it

iv had a few from the usa and takes around 2/3 weeks

so order from the yanks and pay a small import duty - tax on it

iv had a few from the usa and takes around 2/3 weeks

Possibly yeah, although the awesome gti says UK only so maybe the us apr is the same

APR sell direct to the uk market aswell

the other places that sell for them are making there own profit on the sale

you can buy direct of the usa web site.

Spoke to Awesome GTI this morning, the intake with them is also only a pre-order and is about 4-5 weeks away

What you get is a new air cleaner inside a new carbon housing which can be cleaned I presume?

Oh, thanks.
Not for me then. I get confused when I read about people using the best fuel and the best oil then are prepared to ditch the highly efficient air cleaner and allow dirt into their engines.

I worked for a high quality vehicle and engine manufacturer. We spent loads of money developing air cleaners, with huge technological specifications to ensure our engines breathed only clean air. Specs that no K&N could hope to meet. So why would you fit something without even seeing its cleaning performance, just because it looks nice? Dirt in the engine, even at microscopic levels is key to engine longevity.

I'm sure these relatively low tech people will tell you that their filters are OK, they may even say it's as good as the original. But ssk APR or K&N if they'll warrant your engine if you fit one and see what they say. Bearing in mind you get full cover if you fit one from Audi.

But like everything else you pays your money and you makes the choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: ConS3 and Fiddie
Apr will not sell direct into the UK market, this is the same principals worldwide for APR Dealers, APR Dealers are not allowed to sell into other countries territories. With import duties tax and shipping, would be interested to see if you tried to purchase this item what your final cost's would be.

Would be interested to hear if anybody was actually able to purchase direct.

Anyone had an updates from Apr, awesome gti or any other dealers yet?