• 4 Post By jasonc
  • 1 Post By windyzz
  • 1 Post By Longy
  • 1 Post By wills_1990

Thread: S3 Daytona Grey

Reverse Gear

Status

S3 Daytona Grey

It now appears from the Audi configurator that Daytona Grey is a standard colour on the S3, can anyone confirm this?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Langer View Post
    It now appears from the Audi configurator that Daytona Grey is a standard colour on the S3, can anyone confirm this?
    Yes, been available to order since about April when the model year changed to MY15.

Just posted these in the pics thread but here they are again - ordered in April, collected this morning:

Louay, monopole, gandv and 1 others like this.
    2014 Audi S3 Sportback S-Tronic

Reverse Gear

Status
    Looks really nice, thanks for posting!

I am torn between Monsoon and Daytona, but I think I am swaying towards Daytona.

Neutral

Status
    I went for Monsoon. Basically because at the time Daytona was exclusive only. Would've probably gone for Daytona - glad I was pushed into Monsoon by those kind people at Audi. Don't regret it, think it has slightly more variances than Daytona in certain lights.

But I'm biased and those with Daytona may disagree. It's all personal preference and they're both great colours. What I will say is Monsoon is one of those colours which really suits the S3.

So if it was up to me ....... Sepang blue all the way! That's what I would've had, MY14, had it been available as a none exclusive paint.

limboitis

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonc View Post

So glad I changed from Phantom black (MY15 defaulted to Mythos black) and went Daytona grey, should be here in a matter of weeks :D, pretty much the same in looks as yours less the rails, and coming with SSS
    +incoming (64/Sep 1st) S3 (300) Sportback S-Tronic Quattro Daytona Grey
    -outgoing (63) A5 2.0TDI (177) Coupe Black Edition S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black

VCDS Location: NI (County Antrim)
    - (62) A1 1.6TDI (105) Sport Manual Sportback Brilliant Black
    - (62) S3 (265) Sportback Black Edition S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black

- (58) TT Roadster 3.2 V6 (250) S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black

Reverse Gear

Status

+1 for daytona gray

6th Gear

Status
    Even better on the saloon:

Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

limboitis

Status
    nah!

-outgoing (63) A5 2.0TDI (177) Coupe Black Edition S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black

Neutral

Status
    A little touch of monsoon just to really make the decision difficult....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wills_1990; 6 Days Ago at 10:18.
    Delivery 05/2014 Audi S3 3 Door - Monsoon Grey, Lunar Silver Full Leather, Full Tech Pack, Comfort Pack & Full Parking, B&O sound

Neutral

Status
    And to see both side by side my mates RS5 in Daytona next to my S3 in monsoon....

photo.jpg
    Last edited by wills_1990; 6 Days Ago at 10:17.
    Delivery 05/2014 Audi S3 3 Door - Monsoon Grey, Lunar Silver Full Leather, Full Tech Pack, Comfort Pack & Full Parking, B&O sound

limboitis

Status
    low quality pics RULE!

S3 on order

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
    Yes, been available to order since about April when the model year changed to MY15.

Just posted these in the pics thread but here they are again - ordered in April, collected this morning:

Lucky you jasonc- getting it so quickly?

I'm from Sydney and in April I'd been complaining to Audi Australia as to why we couldn't get Daytona, considering it was shown as an option in the A3/S3 brochure (page 83). After initially saying no, they then said yes you can have it and it will be added to the MY15 cars. I ordered mine almost immediately on April 12 (well after a drive of the Golf R, which was released here on that day - & I didn't like it at all compared to the S3). Anyway my car has only just been built (or I hope it has that is - the order shows the build day as 14/07/14) and we in Australia then have to wait at the very least 2 months or more like 10-12 weeks after production before it gets to us out here.

I was originally going for Monsoon, but after seeing quite a few Audis at my dealers, and particularly in cloudy days, I decided it could look slightly washed out, and specifically when compared against the pearl effect Daytona's there. I was about to reluctantly choose boring silver, when Audi came good with Daytona. However seeing some of the guys Monsoons photos here and on ozaudi, the Monsoon can look fantastic.

Yours are the first photos of a non gloss black pack Daytona SB (and with Star wheels) I've seen, and I've been hanging out for. Thanks for the post; I'd love to see more photos too.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gandv View Post

I'm from Sydney and in April I'd been complaining to Audi Australia as to why we couldn't get Daytona, considering it was shown as an option in the A3/S3 brochure (page 83). After initially saying no, they then said yes you can have it and it will be added to the MY15 cars. I ordered mine almost immediately on April 12 (well after a drive of the Golf R, which was released here on that day - & I didn't like it at all compared to the S3). Anyway my car has only just been built (or I hope it has that is - the order shows the build day as 14/07/14) and we in Australia then have to wait at the very least 2 months or more like 10-12 weeks after production before it gets to us out here.

I was originally going for Monsoon, but after seeing quite a few Audis at my dealers, and particularly in cloudy days, I decided it could look slightly washed out, and specifically when compared against the pearl effect Daytona's there. I was about to reluctantly choose boring silver, when Audi came good with Daytona. However seeing some of the guys Monsoons photos here and on ozaudi, the Monsoon can look fantastic.

Yours are the first photos of a non gloss black pack Daytona SB (and with Star wheels) I've seen, and I've been hanging out for. Thanks for the post; I'd love to see more photos too.
    Daytona is really nice in real life (photo don't do justice). SEPANG is nice too...

My A3 with Daytona

gandv likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by windyzz View Post
    Daytona is really nice in real life (photo don't do justice). SEPANG is nice too...

My A3 with Daytona
    Totally agree with you there, saw an A3 s-line sedan in Daytona, it looked great, suits the Audi. If we couldn't get Sepang Blue we would have switched to Daytona.

Yes, not many photo highlight how great each and every colour, only way is to actually see it in the metal especially those with pearl or crystal effects as they are so different in bright sun light vs in a dark dealer showroom floor.
    gandv likes this.
    On order S3 Sedan - S-Tronic, Sepang Blue, Performance Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Folding mirrors, Privacy glass and Tinted windows.

S3 on order

Status

My A3 with Daytona

Looks great windyzz. And I particularly like this angle/photo.
    Last edited by gandv; 6 Days Ago at 07:10.
    On its way ....Built wk 29 - 14/7 ...S3 Sportback - S-Tronic - Daytona Grey - Magnetic ride - Assistance package - B&O Sound - Load through facility>rear arm rest - Hold Assist - 5 Spoke star wheels. [Plus Australian spec standard inclusions - lots]

Events Moderator

Status

My A3 with Daytona
    That looks so mean, love it

A4 B8, 19" AVA Memphis, 35mm APEX, LED DRL

Northern Ireland/Ireland Events Moderator... Click >>here<<
    -- Photoshop Guru... Requests Click >>here<<

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks! The Daytona does shows the Curve more than other colour. especially under the tungsten light (inside the carpark)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by monopole View Post
    So glad I changed from Phantom black (MY15 defaulted to Mythos black) and went Daytona grey, should be here in a matter of weeks :D, pretty much the same in looks as yours less the rails, and coming with SSS
    I did the same thing (ordered in Phantom Black and then changed), very glad I did. The only (very minor) criticism that the car has received so far is that the standard seats aren't as supportive as the ones in the previous S3 so the Sports Seats should be a good addition.

It certainly didn't feel that quick! I also ordered 12th April and the 3 month wait seemed very long, 5 months for you guys is harsh but it will be worth the wait. I'll get some more photos up when I get the chance, probably at the weekend.
    2014 Audi S3 Sportback S-Tronic

limboitis

Status
    I'm determined to hold off collecting the car until Sep 1st, but if it gets here by the end of the month....

god damnnit your pictures are killin me

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by monopole View Post
    low quality pics RULE!
    Updated to higher quality, sorry thats tapatalk for you.....
    monopole likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I really like the look of Daytona with the Black Styling pack, are there any photos with this specification on the forum?

S3 on order

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Langer View Post
    I really like the look of Daytona with the Black Styling pack, are there any photos with this specification on the forum?
    Yes Langer if you are looking for a Sportback - the problem is I have to find it again. I think it's a French car and it was in a International/French Audi forum site. I'll look for it later if you don't find it in the meantime.
    On its way ....Built wk 29 - 14/7 ...S3 Sportback - S-Tronic - Daytona Grey - Magnetic ride - Assistance package - B&O Sound - Load through facility>rear arm rest - Hold Assist - 5 Spoke star wheels. [Plus Australian spec standard inclusions - lots]

S3 on order

Status

Photos - S3 Sportback - Daytona Grey - Gloss black treatment - May 2014

Ok for photos of Daytona Grey S3 sportbacks with gloss black treatment - see #23 & #39 here
    S3 Sportback Gris Daytona - S3 8V / S3 berline / S3 Sportback / S3 Cabriolet / RS 3 - Forums Audi-Passion / La Communauté des Quatre Anneaux

Reverse Gear

Status
    ****!!! THAT's MEAN!!!!!!!!!!