S3 Daytona Grey

Langer

Reaction score
It now appears from the Audi configurator that Daytona Grey is a standard colour on the S3, can anyone confirm this?

It now appears from the Audi configurator that Daytona Grey is a standard colour on the S3, can anyone confirm this?

Yes, been available to order since about April when the model year changed to MY15.

Just posted these in the pics thread but here they are again - ordered in April, collected this morning:

A1O1GUV.jpg

rO7eR8q.jpg

Reactions: Baldyone, GlynRS2, Louay and 2 others
Looks really nice, thanks for posting!

I am torn between Monsoon and Daytona, but I think I am swaying towards Daytona.

I went for Monsoon. Basically because at the time Daytona was exclusive only. Would've probably gone for Daytona - glad I was pushed into Monsoon by those kind people at Audi. Don't regret it, think it has slightly more variances than Daytona in certain lights.

But I'm biased and those with Daytona may disagree. It's all personal preference and they're both great colours. What I will say is Monsoon is one of those colours which really suits the S3.

So if it was up to me ....... Sepang blue all the way! That's what I would've had, MY14, had it been available as a none exclusive paint.

So glad I changed from Phantom black (MY15 defaulted to Mythos black) and went Daytona grey, should be here in a matter of weeks :D, pretty much the same in looks as yours less the rails, and coming with SSS

A little touch of monsoon just to really make the decision difficult....

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,989
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,995
Last edited:
And to see both side by side my mates RS5 in Daytona next to my S3 in monsoon....

Photo

Last edited:
Yes, been available to order since about April when the model year changed to MY15.

Just posted these in the pics thread but here they are again - ordered in April, collected this morning:

A1O1GUV.jpg

rO7eR8q.jpg

Lucky you jasonc- getting it so quickly?

I'm from Sydney and in April I'd been complaining to Audi Australia as to why we couldn't get Daytona, considering it was shown as an option in the A3/S3 brochure (page 83). After initially saying no, they then said yes you can have it and it will be added to the MY15 cars. I ordered mine almost immediately on April 12 (well after a drive of the Golf R, which was released here on that day - & I didn't like it at all compared to the S3). Anyway my car has only just been built (or I hope it has that is - the order shows the build day as 14/07/14) and we in Australia then have to wait at the very least 2 months or more like 10-12 weeks after production before it gets to us out here.

I was originally going for Monsoon, but after seeing quite a few Audis at my dealers, and particularly in cloudy days, I decided it could look slightly washed out, and specifically when compared against the pearl effect Daytona's there. I was about to reluctantly choose boring silver, when Audi came good with Daytona. However seeing some of the guys Monsoons photos here and on ozaudi, the Monsoon can look fantastic.

Yours are the first photos of a non gloss black pack Daytona SB (and with Star wheels) I've seen, and I've been hanging out for. Thanks for the post; I'd love to see more photos too.

I'm from Sydney and in April I'd been complaining to Audi Australia as to why we couldn't get Daytona, considering it was shown as an option in the A3/S3 brochure (page 83). After initially saying no, they then said yes you can have it and it will be added to the MY15 cars. I ordered mine almost immediately on April 12 (well after a drive of the Golf R, which was released here on that day - & I didn't like it at all compared to the S3). Anyway my car has only just been built (or I hope it has that is - the order shows the build day as 14/07/14) and we in Australia then have to wait at the very least 2 months or more like 10-12 weeks after production before it gets to us out here.

I was originally going for Monsoon, but after seeing quite a few Audis at my dealers, and particularly in cloudy days, I decided it could look slightly washed out, and specifically when compared against the pearl effect Daytona's there. I was about to reluctantly choose boring silver, when Audi came good with Daytona. However seeing some of the guys Monsoons photos here and on ozaudi, the Monsoon can look fantastic.

Yours are the first photos of a non gloss black pack Daytona SB (and with Star wheels) I've seen, and I've been hanging out for. Thanks for the post; I'd love to see more photos too.

Daytona is really nice in real life (photo don't do justice). SEPANG is nice too...

My A3 with Daytona
904771_10152028222821143_3841648562884014924_o.jpg

10339246_10152079016376143_6966184344870285687_o.jpg

10333640_10152077269031143_217002817409712388_o.jpg

Reactions: Ash187 and gandv
Daytona is really nice in real life (photo don't do justice). SEPANG is nice too...

My A3 with Daytona

Totally agree with you there, saw an A3 s-line sedan in Daytona, it looked great, suits the Audi. If we couldn't get Sepang Blue we would have switched to Daytona.

Yes, not many photo highlight how great each and every colour, only way is to actually see it in the metal especially those with pearl or crystal effects as they are so different in bright sun light vs in a dark dealer showroom floor.

Reactions: gandv
Thanks! The Daytona does shows the Curve more than other colour. especially under the tungsten light (inside the carpark)

So glad I changed from Phantom black (MY15 defaulted to Mythos black) and went Daytona grey, should be here in a matter of weeks :D, pretty much the same in looks as yours less the rails, and coming with SSS

I did the same thing (ordered in Phantom Black and then changed), very glad I did. The only (very minor) criticism that the car has received so far is that the standard seats aren't as supportive as the ones in the previous S3 so the Sports Seats should be a good addition.

It certainly didn't feel that quick! I also ordered 12th April and the 3 month wait seemed very long, 5 months for you guys is harsh but it will be worth the wait. I'll get some more photos up when I get the chance, probably at the weekend.

I'm determined to hold off collecting the car until Sep 1st, but if it gets here by the end of the month.... :think:

god damnnit your pictures are killin me :thumbsup:

I really like the look of Daytona with the Black Styling pack, are there any photos with this specification on the forum?

I really like the look of Daytona with the Black Styling pack, are there any photos with this specification on the forum?

Yes Langer if you are looking for a Sportback - the problem is I have to find it again. I think it's a French car and it was in a International/French Audi forum site. I'll look for it later if you don't find it in the meantime.

+1 for Daytona grey.

Collected mine yesterday and, although it's very subjective, I personally far prefer the colour tone over Monsoon.

I'm still not sure on the Daytona...

Sometimes I love it, other times I don't!

There's a very lightly toned grey (so light that it almost looked white) some boy had on his 8P S3, not sure if anyone has seen it? I think it was Suzuka Grey (could be wrong) that it's named. If I can get Audi to get a colour similar I might opt for that instead of the Glacier White. Very few people were able to obtain it, seemingly.

Looks really nice, thanks for posting!

I am torn between Monsoon and Daytona, but I think I am swaying towards Daytona.
I went with Monsoon simply because I thought Daytona was too dark and the metallic, but, it's a preference.

I was almost tempted to specify a custom colour in British racing green, but I thought that was a step too far. :eyebrows:

+1 for Daytona grey.

Collected mine yesterday and, although it's very subjective, I personally far prefer the colour tone over Monsoon.

Details and photos please. Because there's almost no Daytona grey 8V S3s out there yet it's very hard on us "awaiters" trying to see what our cars will look like. If you could add to the very limited collection, that would be great.

Great photos. I am getting daytona and gloss black too, although vspoke wheels. Haven't found a photo with that combo yet.

It is hard isn't it; with so few Daytonas yet, hopefully this will change soon.
Are you getting a Sportback or Sedan? And the wheels - do you mean the v shape spoked wheels that Audi call 5 spoke parallel or? (Why do they call them that?)

It is hard isn't it; with so few Daytonas yet, hopefully this will change soon.
Are you getting a Sportback or Sedan? And the wheels - do you mean the v shape spoked wheels that Audi call 5 spoke parallel or? (Why do they call them that?)

Getting a sedan

These are the wheels

Vspoke

Last edited:
Very nice M1ke H, and the 10 spoker wheels make a nice change too - they're what my son is ordering. And how are you enjoying your new beauty? Can you give us some comments to ease our pain while we're waiting for ours?

Enjoying the car immensely, but really too early days to put a full critique together - I've barely put a couple of hundred miles on it!

Two preliminary comments are the smooth power delivery (and that's coming after six years of 240bhp Leon Cupra's) and the fact it would appear to want to go like stink and feels oh so planted. It took me a couple of days to get used to the way the electronic parking brake and hill hold combination work - and I still find myself reaching for the handbrake!

The thirteen week wait was well worth it :)

Enjoying the car immensely, but really too early days to put a full critique together - I've barely put a couple of hundred miles on it!

Two preliminary comments are the smooth power delivery (and that's coming after six years of 240bhp Leon Cupra's) and the fact it would appear to want to go like stink and feels oh so planted. It took me a couple of days to get used to the way the electronic parking brake and hill hold combination work - and I still find myself reaching for the handbrake!

The thirteen week wait was well worth it :)

That sounds fantastic - can you feel the envy .... please tell us more about the car when you can. And lucky you only waiting 13 weeks. Mine took that from order (April 12) to build day and I'm still awaiting a ship, so probably another 10 to 12 weeks yet before I get mine. Our current family car has hold assist (as will my new S3 - a must have for me) and I miss it so much driving my current Golf without it.
M1ke H what are your S3s details/inclusions? Anyway have fun driving the new beast .... while we all sit waiting .... and waiting ... and wai..... .....

**** Is there anyone else out there with a new Daytona grey S3 delivery? ****

so, an update from Belfast audi

my car is NOT arriving with ordered wheels
A1O1GUV

but these apparently (though the order remains the same otherwise.... I'm told...)
P1010245

I'm not too happy, even though they said they will cover the extra cost of the wheels. I have opted to swap them, but will view the car first when it arrives, ho-hum

oh and the VIN given to me the other day is not recognized on myAudi, is that usually the case at this stage as it must be almost docking in england now (BW28)?

Last edited by a moderator:
so, an update from Belfast audi

my car is NOT arriving with ordered wheels
View attachment 37277

but these apparently (though the order remains the same otherwise.... I'm told...)
View attachment 37278

I'm not too happy, even though they said they will cover the extra cost of the wheels. I have opted to swap them, but will view the car first when it arrives, ho-hum

oh and the VIN given to me the other day is not recognized on myAudi, is that usually the case at this stage as it must be almost docking in england now (BW28)?

My car was built on the 19/07 (BW 29), it took 5 days before I was able to register it on myAudi website.

My car was built on the 19/07 (BW 29), it took 5 days before I was able to register it on myAudi website.

hmmm, but Audi CS told me my car was parked at the port awaiting shipping to the UK over 2 weeks ago

hmmm, but Audi CS told me my car was parked at the port awaiting shipping to the UK over 2 weeks ago

so, a quick call to BA and re-confirmed the VIN, 1 digit out, registered with myAudi now which confirms arriving with 10 spoke wheels, not as ordered 5 spoke star design standard :(

can anyone confirm that within myAudi under infotainment, that sound package "branded" IS B&O, as I absolutely fking hope so, becaus thats what I ordered. It doesn't state B&O anywhere else!!!

Oh oh