Wednesday !

steeve

Reaction score
After not too long a wait, I pick my S3 up on Wednesday afternoon. Then it's two days to clean it, Zymol it and paint the hubs to stop them rusting.

I'm really looking forward to getting it.

Reactions: Jez-dtm
steeve - you will love it!

Could you take some pics of your hubs once done? Would really like to see now this turns out!

Enjoy pick up day!

Steve, enjoy the collection. We do of course require a pic when this has taken place. :) x

steeve - you will love it!

Could you take some pics of your hubs once done? Would really like to see now this turns out!

Enjoy pick up day!

I've done most of my recent cars including an 8V 184 diesel. I use Hammerite Smoothrite silver and it looks great and never had rust through; even years later. It's best to do them when new and not wait for corrosion to start. It's too late then. Another tip is to smear a small amount of copper slip on the wheel mountings of the hubs. It stops the wheels sticking to the hub spigot. No grease on clamping faces!

I've done most of my recent cars including an 8V 184 diesel. I use Hammerite Smoothrite silver and it looks great and never had rust through; even years later. It's best to do them when new and not wait for corrosion to start. It's too late then. Another tip is to smear a small amount of copper slip on the wheel mountings of the hubs. It stops the wheels sticking to the hub spigot. No grease on clamping faces!

Ah OK. My S3 has only done 600 miles so going to do it before the summer is out. They still look brand new at the moment! That was the stuff I was going to use.

Can't wait to see the pics.....:photo:

I haven't seen it but the salesman was very enthusiastic over the colour, Sepang and how well the red calipers set the blue off. Wish he hadn't said anything.

Reactions: Jez-dtm
I haven't seen it but the salesman was very enthusiastic over the colour, Sepang and how well the red calipers set the blue off. Wish he hadn't said anything.

Can't wait to see it! Mines sepang blue and I can't wait!

First Sepang blue in UK on here? Can't wait to see your pics...