Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Aircon Issues on New S3 Sportsback

Hi all, has anyone had AC issues? The issue I noticed was AC switched itself off... i.e. Auto still it up but AC off and unable to switch it back on again. First time I had this I stopped of a service station and restarted car, and it remedied itself. It happened again once more, unable to fathom what may be the cause at this moment in time. It'll be interesting if anyone has the same issue before I get it checked out in the garage.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Fearing the worst for you, you may have lost some/all refrigerant .....

Air Con condenser - design fault??

if it isn't that, you may have a faulty G65 sensor.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

Reverse Gear

Status
    Only good thing is that it still works so I don't think I've lost anything... that would really be bad... I've got a feeling its when I turn on/off auto engine cutoff but can't yet prove it. Been out today and its been fine.

Neutral

Status
    Are you in econ mode? I think that has an effect on the aircon and like it does with start/stop?
    S3 Estoril Blue Hatch Back | S tronic | Super Sport Seats | B&O Sound | Technology Pack | Comfort Pack (Parking Front and Rear) | Panoramic Roof | Mono Pur | Convenience pack | Interior Light Pack | Tyre pressure monitoring | Reversible Mat | Warranty Extension

Week 20 build

6th Gear

Status
    "when I turn on/off auto engine cutoff" So the air con is off when the engine is off, is that what you are saying? Or are you saying its only when you press the start/stop button?
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Not in econ mode, just disabling the engine cutoff mode so engine definitely still running. The Auto button is lit up but the AC button not lit up and pressing it will blink red but not stay lit and hence no aircon. I just went out and didn't touch engine disable button so that might be a red herring, and once again couldn't get aircon to work. Strange thing is, I got home parked, restarted the engine and AC just worked again. I'll let you guys know what it is when I get it into service.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just read the other post... could be my fault too

Reverse Gear

Status
    A huge *sigh* of relief. Had the car back from the garage. It was just a sensor issue. I do feel for the guys that have the more serious issue.