Aircon Issues on New S3 Sportsback

audi888

Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone had AC issues? The issue I noticed was AC switched itself off... i.e. Auto still it up but AC off and unable to switch it back on again. First time I had this I stopped of a service station and restarted car, and it remedied itself. It happened again once more, unable to fathom what may be the cause at this moment in time. It'll be interesting if anyone has the same issue before I get it checked out in the garage.

Only good thing is that it still works so I don't think I've lost anything... that would really be bad... I've got a feeling its when I turn on/off auto engine cutoff but can't yet prove it. Been out today and its been fine.

Are you in econ mode? I think that has an effect on the aircon and like it does with start/stop?

"when I turn on/off auto engine cutoff" So the air con is off when the engine is off, is that what you are saying? Or are you saying its only when you press the start/stop button?

Not in econ mode, just disabling the engine cutoff mode so engine definitely still running. The Auto button is lit up but the AC button not lit up and pressing it will blink red but not stay lit and hence no aircon. I just went out and didn't touch engine disable button so that might be a red herring, and once again couldn't get aircon to work. Strange thing is, I got home parked, restarted the engine and AC just worked again. I'll let you guys know what it is when I get it into service.

Reactions: Usman786
Just read the other post... could be my fault too :(

A huge *sigh* of relief. Had the car back from the garage. It was just a sensor issue. :) I do feel for the guys that have the more serious issue.