AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By glospete

Thread: A3 "ULTRA"

Reverse Gear

Status

Question A3 "ULTRA"

I saw an A3 Sportback 1.4 COD S line with a badge on the back (underneath the TFSI badge) which said "ULTRA"
    There is no mention in the brochure or on the website about this.
    Any one know what this means.
    Is it something to do with the MY2015 engine tweeks ?
    Which MY2015 cars are badged "ULTRA"

Many thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rjod57 View Post
    I saw an A3 Sportback 1.4 COD S line with a badge on the back (underneath the TFSI badge) which said "ULTRA"

Many thanks
    Anything I have read suggests that the A3 Ultra will be based on the 1.6 TDI.

Could someone have stuck a badge on it?

How did you know it was a 1.4 CoD?

1st Gear

Status
    Was it in the UK?
    On order: A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI 150 (COD) S tronic S line
    Daytona Grey, Technology Package, B&O, Comfort Package, Electrically Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, TPMS.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz Auto View Post
    Anything I have read suggests that the A3 Ultra will be based on the 1.6 TDI.

Could someone have stuck a badge on it?

How did you know it was a 1.4 CoD?
    It was a brand new car in an Audi show room (Southampton Audi)
    It was badged TFSI with the "ULTRA" badge underneath
    The information on the car said that it was 1.4 TFSI 140ps.
    I asked the sales guy about it but he was a little vague and didnt seem to know much about the car
    He said the information on the car was incorrect and that it was the MY2015 150ps version and that was why it was badged "ULTRA"
    Anyone know about this "ULTRA" model?

Reverse Gear

Status

Neutral

Status
    Well Southampton Audi don't know there Ar$e from the elbow about cars they sale or customer servvice so I am not surprise the didn't know what it was!
    S3 Estoril Blue Hatch Back | S tronic | Super Sport Seats | B&O Sound | Technology Pack | Comfort Pack (Parking Front and Rear) | Panoramic Roof | Mono Pur | Convenience pack | Interior Light Pack | Tyre pressure monitoring | Reversible Mat | Warranty Extension

Week 20 build

1st Gear

Status
    Glad I opted for badge delete!
    On order [BUILD WEEK 29]: Sportback 1.4TFSI COD S-Line, 7-speed S-tronic, Glacier white, Black Nappa leather, Technology with Audi Connect, LED headlights, Storage, No-smoking, Black styling, Driver Assistance including Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Lane Assist, High Beam Assist, Audi Parking System Plus with Park Assist, Audi Sound system, 5 year warranty, Folding & heated door mirrors, Electric lumbar support, Extended mono.pur, Heated seats, Hold assist, Privacy glass.

Status
    I always thought Ultra was about the lightweight concept not Eco stuff?????
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Flying low level

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Helifella On Twitter
    Regards
    HeliFella

I.A.M. Member http://www.iam.org.uk/about-us/

'61 spec, A3 Sportback S-Line Black Edition in Ibis White, EM Tuning upgraded LED extended interior XL lightpack,
    Duxback Glass Treatment, Diamond Vision front fog lights, shortened number plates,
    gloss black rear rings & black edition S-line wing badges. Blackvue DR550GW 2 channel in-car camera with Smart Power battery protection.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by glospete View Post
    Glad I opted for badge delete!
    I don't think our MY15 CODs are Ultras? It's a different trim to S-line, with steel wheels and other eco enhancements.
    Daytona Grey, Technology Package, B&O, Comfort Package, Electrically Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, TPMS.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rjod57 View Post

Many thanks
    Well spotted!
    On order [BUILD WEEK 29]: Sportback 1.4TFSI COD S-Line, 7-speed S-tronic, Glacier white, Black Nappa leather, Technology with Audi Connect, LED headlights, Storage, No-smoking, Black styling, Driver Assistance including Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Lane Assist, High Beam Assist, Audi Parking System Plus with Park Assist, Audi Sound system, 5 year warranty, Folding & heated door mirrors, Electric lumbar support, Extended mono.pur, Heated seats, Hold assist, Privacy glass.

1st Gear

Status
    My 1.4 Build week 22 i.e. MY 2015 has an Ultra badge

1st Gear

Status
    That makes sense as the A6 Ultra is about Eco and not lightweight. But I'm not sure I want Ultra on the back so badge delete was a good option for me.

1st Gear

Status
    Doesn't look that bad to be fair!
    audi-a3-1-4-tfsi-cab-2_600x0w.jpg

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen C View Post
    Doesn't look that bad to be fair!
    audi-a3-1-4-tfsi-cab-2_600x0w.jpg
    You're right!

4th Gear

Status
    I saw a bilboard for an A7 ultra the other day too
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition, Unicorn stage 1 remap, Metallic Dolphin Grey, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red front/rear Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra R splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, Debadged, Arm rest delete, LED plate lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights, HID 6k, RS 4 pedals, Rev D D/V, APR snub mount, NGK 7s

Gone - 2005 B7 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Helifella View Post
    But no mention of A3 :?

Status
    Where I'd last read something about ultra concept and weight loss: https://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/la...its-focus.html
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S5 View Post
    Where I'd last read something about ultra concept and weight loss: https://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/la...its-focus.html
    Audi are rather inconsistent with their monikers e.g. Hold Assist, Hill Hold Assist etc. which leads to confusion. Seems to be the same with the term Ultra which is being used on various concepts (Eco on the A3, A4, A6 etc) and as you rightly point out as a Weight Loss description on the TT Concept. I think the marketing department is a bit sloppy!
    Last edited by glospete; 1 Week Ago at 16:00.
    illingworth22 likes this.