Help with standard air box

Marc18

Reaction score
I'm wanting to replace my air box with an induction kit but noticed the small vacuum pipe on top of the air box. Related to fuel pump and various other items if I'm correct. What do people do with these once a cone filter is on there? Don't wanna take mine out before I find a home for the vacuum pipe.
Car is the 1.8tfsi if it makes any difference.

From the couple I have seen, and the one I went for in the end (pipercross) they include a new home for the vacuum pipe.

I can't recommend the pipercross, the build quality is really poor and the fit is not good.

From the couple I have seen, and the one I went for in the end (pipercross) they include a new home for the vacuum pipe.

I can't recommend the pipercross, the build quality is really poor and the fit is not good.

Do you have a link to the one you chose? I'm having trouble finding anything to fit the 1.8tfsi. Was just going to build my own up but again unsure with what to do with that hose.

What's your reasoning for wanting to fit an induction kit? Is it for more noise or are you hoping for more power?

Either way... I wouldn't waste your money.

What's your reasoning for wanting to fit an induction kit? Is it for more noise or are you hoping for more power?

Either way... I wouldn't waste your money.

Tbh it's just the noise. The child in me loves it lol. I know the usual responses to induction kits are fairly negative on an otherwise standard car but the audi is just too quiet for me. After speaking with the salesman who sold me the audi he said an induction kit can probably be gotten away with in terms of huge warranty losses.

I'm not gonna spend a fortune just for some noise, was hoping to just piece one together myself from separate parts to keep cost down but I don't wanna do anything until I figure out if it's gonna affect the vacuum to fuel pump. Rather I didn't kill the car ha

That is a ridiculous amount of money for no gain and, because it draws hot air from inside the engine compartment, probably a reduction of performance...

Reactions: Grant
There seems to be a lot about for the s3 and not the a3.
That's the issue I'm having.
If I end up putting one together myself it will be away from the engine as much as possible. Maybe even modify one of the s3 heat shields if they don't already fit.
At the end of the day if there is a drop in performance it won't be staying but if I can have the noise and keep my performance the same I'd like too